Birth control

Options
I just got on the depo shot for birth control and she told ne their a high chance of me gaining weight... So i downloaded this and I'm liking it so far!

Replies

• Analytical25
    Analytical25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you have the premium app?
  • Dsnelz
    Dsnelz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh yes.. very high. I had the implanon for 6 years and I gained 70 lbs. Just got it out in December and the weight just melts off.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    heaven1369 wrote: »
    I just got on the depo shot for birth control and she told ne their a high chance of me gaining weight... So i downloaded this and I'm liking it so far!

As long as there's a calorie deficit, you should still lose weight, or at least maintain your current weight. Daily logging of all your food (Calories In), and all your exercise (Calories Out), will put you in a good position to monitor any alleviate any potential changes in your body.
  • PizzaWarrior
    PizzaWarrior Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    [quote="I haven't looked into it for depo but I think normally with birth control it isn't that it makes your body gain weight no matter what, but it makes you feel hungrier, so you end up eating over maintenance constantly if you aren't careful.

Maybe depo is different, but I'm not sure.[/quote]

That's true! Birth control can increase your appetite, leading to weight gain (through higher caloric intake). Depo provera is one of the worst offenders for weight gain out of all the different kinds of birth control out there (not to mention some other not very nice side effects, it's really not a very good drug to be on). As long as you're monitoring what you're eating and how much, you should be just fine! Make sure you're reaching for the healthy food if you find yourself wanting to snack (which you definitely will), a handful of almonds is always better than a handful of chips :)
  • heaven1369
    heaven1369 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »

I haven't looked into it for depo but I think normally with birth control it isn't that it makes your body gain weight no matter what, but it makes you feel hungrier, so you end up eating over maintenance constantly if you aren't careful.

Maybe depo is different, but I'm not sure.

Yea thats what the doctor told me... Ive been craving alot of chocolate and brownies... Do you have any tips for that?
  • heaven1369
    Options
    Do you have the premium app?

No but what is the difference??? Its is worth the money?
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
  • heaven1369
    Options
    Dsnelz wrote: »
    Oh yes.. very high. I had the implanon for 6 years and I gained 70 lbs. Just got it out in December and the weight just melts off.

Implanon??? Ive heard of nexplanon but never that... Is it the bar in your arm???
  • heaven1369
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

As long as there's a calorie deficit, you should still lose weight, or at least maintain your current weight. Daily logging of all your food (Calories In), and all your exercise (Calories Out), will put you in a good position to monitor any alleviate any potential changes in your body.

I know i should exercise... But i never get to it.. But ive been trying to keep track of the things i like... Any tips to stay motivated?
  • heaven1369
    Options
    [quote="I haven't looked into it for depo but I think normally with birth control it isn't that it makes your body gain weight no matter what, but it makes you feel hungrier, so you end up eating over maintenance constantly if you aren't careful.

Maybe depo is different, but I'm not sure.

That's true! Birth control can increase your appetite, leading to weight gain (through higher caloric intake). Depo provera is one of the worst offenders for weight gain out of all the different kinds of birth control out there (not to mention some other not very nice side effects, it's really not a very good drug to be on). As long as you're monitoring what you're eating and how much, you should be just fine! Make sure you're reaching for the healthy food if you find yourself wanting to snack (which you definitely will), a handful of almonds is always better than a handful of chips :)[/quote]
    I know thats true!!! I have been craving a whole lot of chocolate lately.... But my sister was on nexplanon and she gain 33 lbs just in the year she was on it... And yea ive heard that ill gain weight, my hair will fall out, and my bones will break down... Which scares me very much!!!! Any tips?