About Keto style diet and eating too many carbs

Options
Hi there. This questions for anyone experienced in the keto diet. I have been on it for about a month now and it is working great. This morning I have already gone way over bored with carbs not even really thinking. So it's only 1pm now. Should I get back on track right now or consider today lost cause and eat whatever and continue keto tomorrow?

Replies

• zheeduh
    zheeduh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't follow a 24 hour schedule. Just because your morning didn't go well doesn't mean your afternoon / evening is lost. I'd get back on track now, if you can, unless you really really really can't bring yourself to (for willpower reasons)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Just get back to where you want to be. Some keto'ers will often cut carbs further after a higeher carb meal or day, just to get themselves more firmly back on track.
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    zheeduh wrote: »
    Your body doesn't follow a 24 hour schedule. Just because your morning didn't go well doesn't mean your afternoon / evening is lost. I'd get back on track now, if you can, unless you really really really can't bring yourself to (for willpower reasons)

While that's very TRUE, regarding a keto diet though sustained carbs stop ketosis. Agreed though today's not lost.

OP actually adding in some carbs occasionally can be beneficial (which is what people do in CKD, and TKD). Overall you "going over" may not have even been by enough to knock you out. This of course depends on what your daily target is, and how much over that you actually went.

If you did go out, it may take a day or few to get back in (depending on how fast you're able to glycogen deplete). But otherwise yeah, just get back to however you were doing it.