56 Pounds By 01.01.2012

Options
Plain & simple. Is this doable?

Replies

• xafricanqueen07x
    xafricanqueen07x Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yes..but be prepared to work your butt off..that means cleaning eating, 2 a day intensive work outs, and lots and lots of water
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'm down nearly 30 lbs in 3 months. I work out 5-6 days a week and if I'm in the mood, twice a day.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about that much, but you won't know until you try. most people shoot for 2 lbs a week. Most importantly don't give up, it took a while to get on you, it will take a while to get off!
  • Wisks
    Wisks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt.
  • cherylwhite
    cherylwhite Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think it is doable but better to loose it more slowly. I lost 42 pounds in 7 months, but if I were to do it again I would go slower. It is hard to be patient at the beginning though, ...you want to see those results right away! Better to work steadily and patiently at it!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    It is going to be a stretch....if it was me I would set the target at 45lbs - and then work my butt off - and if I get to 56 - what a bonus!!

It also depends how much you have to lose - I had a lot to lose to start - and got close to 50 lbs in my first 6 months, but if that will get you close to your target weight you will find it hard to lose that much each week....

Don't want to be a downer on you - only you know how hard you are prepared to work on this, just trying to give you a realistic pov from someone that has "been there - done that"....

Whatever you do make sure you stay healthy through the process, and don't go for the "fads" to try and meet a target that might not be realistic!!
  • 199by2012
    199by2012 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you for your input, everyone.
  • hayntitah
    hayntitah Posts: 2
    Options
    This is within reach & not a problem to complete . . It will take work & effort on your part as well as discipline & change . . but i lost 68 lbs in approx. 6 months well it makes 6 months on the 29th of this month & i have another weigh in on the 24th of this month . .u can do it . .

I work out 5-6 days a week i do intense cardio everyday . . i also do double workouts on mon. wed. & fri. . . i sleep 8 hours a night to help my body recover(very important factor to gr8 results) . . I eat something every 2- 3 hours (important not to skip meals- key to not being hungry all the time . . important to remind yourself to eat within 3 hours) . . . I go for walks after dinner just 15 minute walks can be up to 30 if u have time . .dont alter your sleep zone for the walk . . wake up & take in Water asap ( 20 oz.) I drink 16 oz water before every meal & snack . . . I stay hydrated . . Weekends are family time for me so i always do an activity on saturday that involves doing something active like hiking, swimming, shooting hoops , etc. for at least an hour . .sometimes we are having so much fun that it lasts longer which is a benefit to your weight goal . . i try to engage my core & kegels in just about everything i do . . wether it is cooking, cleaning, watching tv, or playing with the family . . i also try to incorporate squats, lunges, etc. in my household cleaning . . i have stairs in my house so i try to use it as a form of exercise while cleaning . . all of these things & factors can be helpful in your journey . . but ultimately u have to do it . . so find a routine or plan that suits you best . . for results will happen when you do things that are within your reach but still by pushing yourself in a healthy way . . remember sleeping, eating & exercise all play an important role . . as well as hydration & water . . . .I hope this helps you in some ways . .
    Key is to see your goal & go for it . .reminder that if you stress yourself over it too much STRESS can add to weight gain not contribute to weight loss . . Try hard to find a routine that works for u & remember to push yourself a little more & more each day . . I do Zumba at least 5 days a week . .i do it cause its cardio that burns calories & works all my muscles & depending on your instructor you are able to lose 500-800 calories in an hour . . but find something you like & push . . SLEEP is important . . Eating is important . . do not run from your goal push towards it . .

> >YOU GOT THIS & ANYTHING ELSE YOU SET YOUR MIND TOO > > MAKE EVERY WORKOUT COUNT > > WE CAN'T TURN BACK TIME BUT WE CAN MAKE TIME COUNT FOR OUR FUTURE< <
  • 199by2012
    199by2012 Posts: 12
    Options
    Shamelessly bumping