cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor.
  • zingeber
    zingeber Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »
    Talk to your doctor.

Yep. And if you feel you can't talk to this doctor, ask around and find one that other people you know trust. They may also have resources they can refer you to as far as dietitians and sometimes even exercise programs. You may qualify for other options for weight loss depending on what's going on, but you need a medical professional to evaluate you for this.

Losing even 5-10% of your body weight - and exercising regularly - will make a difference as far as your blood sugar, blood pressure, etc. In the grand scheme of the rest of your life, better to take the time now to build good, sustainable habits and let the weight come off a little slower

Feel free to add me if you want some support
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    What is your doctor saying? Is he telling you to lose 70lbs in a month?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    And then what happens after the month? You go back to eating the same way that got you 70 lbs overweight?

Have you started learning about how to eat at your correct calorie limit yet?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You'd better be in a hospital, hooked up to an IV if you plan to lose that much, that fast. Even the most aggressive, medically-supervised deficit won't get you 70 pounds in 4 weeks, though.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I recommend the book, Dr Bernstein's Diabetes Solution. It's a low carb plan that can normalize, or at least reduce, blood glucose levels within days. Those of us with insulin resistance tend to lose slightly better on a low carb diet, so his ideas work very well for many T2D's.

It worked for me. I had 40 lbs to lose and it was gone within 5 months.

Atkins, phase 1 and 2, may work well too.
  • cjs112176
    cjs112176 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    And then what happens after the month? You go back to eating the same way that got you 70 lbs overweight?

Not trying to high jack this thread but could you please elaborate on eating at ones correct calorie limit please? Im new to MFP
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    cjs112176 wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »

Not trying to high jack this thread but could you please elaborate on eating at ones correct calorie limit please? Im new to MFP

There are websites that can give estimates based on different formulas, but the easiest is to enter your current statistics into your MFP account, then tell it how much you want to loose per week (up to 2lbs) and it will give you the number of calories that is estimated that you should eat per day.