Good and Affordable HRM ... Any ideas???

I heard that the best HRMs are the ones that have a chest trap included ... Is that true?
I'd like ideas on some good HRMs preferrably under 30 bucks ...

Thank you!!! :smile:

Replies

• BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Chest strap is definitely true and you'll have to look really hard to find one under $30 with a strap. I tried to get away cheap with a Sportline from Target with no strap and it was garbage. I found my Polar FT4 on eBay for $70 and am thrilled with it.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    I got my Polar FT4 second hand, good condition from Ebay for about £25 english pounds, and I couldn't be happier with it - the seller included the chest strap xx
  • RainyDayKelli
    RainyDayKelli Posts: 85 Member
    Mine is a New Balance with chest strap and got it at Target for $50. I really love it. I tried the one without the strap (that cost more) and took it back after just a day or two because you had to hold two fingers still on the watch while exercising (nearly impossible for me).
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    i HIGHLY doubt you will find a good one for under $30..best of luck, anything under $30 wont have a strap
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    bump
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    You're not going to find a good HRM for under 30 dollars. at the very least you're going to need to spend 60.

The Polar FT4 on amazon is 58 something right now shipped.. and that is a very good HRM. Has a chest strap, counts calories, etc.

I personally have the FT7 which I got for 79.99 off of drugstore.com. It's pretty much the same as the FT4, but has a few more bells and whistles.
  • kcsmalley
    kcsmalley Posts: 32 Member
    I heard that the best HRMs are the ones that have a chest trap included ... Is that true?
    I'd like ideas on some good HRMs preferrably under 30 bucks ...

Thank you!!! :smile:

I got a red clover and i love it. I paid 65.00 for mine and it works great. it was onsale at a race i ran.
  • VParee
    VParee Posts: 26
    I have a Polar FT7 and I love it but you will have to spend some money but it's worth it
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    bump
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    My wife picked up a $30 one from Walmart. Turned out it was only a HRM, didn't monitor calories. Returned it the next day & got a Polar ft4. She thought the chest strap would bug her, but after the first time, doesn't even notice it.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 582 Member
    bump.
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    I agree with everyone on the fact that you arent going to find a good HRM and definately not one with a chest strap for $30.. I have the Polar FT4 and love it, i have heard nothing but good things about all of the polar products so if I would consider saving for a bit and making a good investment!
  • arsonsmom
    arsonsmom Posts: 234 Member
    Well I am trying to sell mine for 50 I hate it...I have large breast and it dug into to me horribly...Uhgg!!! The polar FT4 I bought it on June 4 and wore it like 25 times...