PEANUT BUTTER

Options
So, hey all!

I'm currently trying to increase muscle mass by eating in my carlorie surplus, alongside a training program too, obviously! Anyway, I'm such a lover of peanut butter. One snack I have which I eat every other day as a sweet treat is peanut butter, banana, and runny honey.. so so so nice! But I'm getting a bit bored of it and was wondering if any of you guys have any snack ideas with peanut butter; preferably low starchy carbs as an option like bread, but maybe some fruit you'd dip into it?

Many thanks :)

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter + green apple (Granny Smith) or orange.

Peanut butter, banana, milk, cocoa - smoothie.

Peanut butter, sesame seeds, honey.

Also look into other nuts and seeds, there are so many delicious, and the more variety the better for you.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Protein Pancake with Pb...

Pb, raspberries, honey (on rice cake, or bread)
  • StephAStephan
    StephAStephan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    While we are talking about PB... I was wondering if there really are more health benefits to switching to almond butter? I love them both, but was curious about the nutritional side of this?
  • peanutbuttertuesday
    Options
    If you warm it up, it becomes runny like a sauce. You can dip apple or whatever into it. Probably would be good drizzled over rice too.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    While we are talking about PB... I was wondering if there really are more health benefits to switching to almond butter? I love them both, but was curious about the nutritional side of this?

Eat both. The health benefit is in the variety, because of different nutritional profiles.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My kids and I love to eat peanut butter with a slice up apple. I frequently have that for breakfast.
  • jacknyland258
    jacknyland258 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Some great suggestions, cheers guys :smiley:
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    PB and cottage cheese is delicious with chopped apples and cinnamon and some maple syrup. Tastes like a cheesecake.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    On apple slices with raisins and cinnamon on top!!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    PB + apples
    PB + oatmeal
    PB + animal crackers
    PB + fiber one bar
    PB + ice cream
    I put PB on everything :D
  • ColoJessie
    ColoJessie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I cut up apples (honeycrisp) and saute them in a frying pan with 1/3 tsp butter, then when warm and soft I add them to peanut butter, and cut up banana. Top it with cinnamon and you are in for a delicious treat.

I also add PB2 (made with extra water so it drizzles) to a combo of Halo Top chocolate and mint chip. Pretty darn good.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    shovel PB onto celery, maybe add some raisins if you want

peanut-butter-on-celery.jpg
  • JullzGood
    JullzGood Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    People think I'm weird for this, but I love peanut butter in my blueberry, strawberry, blackberry, and raspberry protein shake. I also love it in my Oatmeal with Cinnamon on top.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, banana and a drizzle of honey in a wrap. Easy fast breakfast.
  • brichards_
    brichards_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter in smoothies, on toast, with apples or bananas, in dates, on waffles/pancakes, make a dessert quesadilla with tortilla banana cinnamon an peanut butter
  • katthouse499
    katthouse499 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Love love all natural peanut butter