Serious Frustration

Options
I have been working at this since January and have lost a total of 32lbs... 11 with mfp and 21 before I joined. I have now been stuck between 148-151lbs for what seems like forever now(at least 2 months) and I'm so frustrated!!! My goal weight is 130 so I have around 20lbs to go. I have heard people say the last 10 are the hardest, but for me it just so happens to be the last 20. :( Today after one of my very awesome MFP friends showed me an older and informative thread I decided to change things up a bit. My BMR is 1409 according to freedieting.com so I have decided to change my daily calorie goal to 1500 which is losing .5lb a week. I exercise almost everyday, right now I'm doing the shred and the tread totaling for around a burn of 400 cals a day. I have been eating back my exercise calories and usually have been reaching a net around 1200-1350ish. So now i'm thinking about changing that to try and net around 1500 which seems like a lot, but I guess its worth a try since nothing else seems to be working.

This weight loss stuff can be so frustrating because there always seems to be so much conflicting information out there. First you hear eat 1200 cals and don't eat back your exercise cals to lose weight, then you read something else that says eat more to lose more. How do you know what to believe? I guess you don't until you try it for yourself, and if you're anything like me you are hesitant and scared to try new things... BUT it's definitely time for me because I'm sick of being stuck! :grumble:

Thanks for listening, or actually reading I guess. :tongue: I just needed to vent and write out my frustration with the hopes that some of you might have some insight, experience or encouraging words to share. Thanks:flowerforyou:

Replies

• jenny_fur
    jenny_fur Posts: 73
    Options
    I don't have a lot of advice to offer, nor am I an expert... (we seem to be around the same "goal" area so I will share) But when I stall, I change things up, increasing exercise or decreasing intake.. I agree, that everyone has a different opinion, and it can get frustrating. Hang in there! You've done GREAT!
    Interested to see your replys!
    Thanks for posting this!