Ways to eat almond butter without bread?

Options
2»

Replies

• pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Just not a fan of the two textures together. I can't stand peanut butter, but I love almonds, so I tried almond butter and not shockingly, I do like it. I like it with strawberries. Maybe I could dip them in it? Is there anything else? Would it be good on graham crackers with honey or something?

Add it to a protein shake :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    All of the above, plus mixed with cottage cheese and honey.

Ya, I like cottage cheese, apple sauce, and PB, so imagine almond butter would be great as well.
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I make protein balls with it.

Almond butter, almond flour, soy protein and almond milk
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    GREEN APPLES!!!! Melt it in the micro if it's too thick:) or with banana but still, no harm in a small slice of seeded farmhouse toasted and topped with almond butter and banana yummy
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Green apples and almond butter!!!!!

Love green apples! :)
    Apples,
    pretzels,
    Celery,
    Mixed in smoothies or yogurt,
    Graham crackers/cookies
    Waffles/pancakes
    Bananas
    Strawberries sound really good, actually.

It was what I had on hand while making my kids lunch and I was just like hm...lol Ended up being really good.
    Pear.

I'm intrigued.
    On pancakes! With blueberry jam

Dark Chocolate dipped in it

Stirred through yoghurt

On green beans with a bit of lemon

omg. I've never had blueberry jam but that sounds so good! I love blueberries..... Also green beans?? so odd but oddly sounds good!

What, you've never heard of green beans almondine? You could try it on trout, too (truite almondine) or anywhere that you would use almonds, since that's what it is.

Most commercial almond butters that I've seen don't have added sugar in them, so you should think of it as "ambidextrous" when it comes to the sweet/savory divide. (I buy "natural" peanut butter -- no added sugar, no non-peanut oils, but it does have salt -- because I prefer the taste to the "regular" peanut butter, and to me peanut butter is also equally at home in sweet and savory dishes.)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I just schmeared a bunch on a chocolate bar. While delicious, I wouldn't recommend it on a regular basis at 700+ calories.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the interesting ideas! I should have noted I'm vegetarian but then again I didn't know people ate almonds on fish lol