Who else loves diet coke?

Options

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Reaverie wrote: »
    They have diet rootbeer!! Ive got to try it......

I was told diet soda was bad for you (number one reason was aspartame and sorry, I agree.. if its man made and not nature grown, I firmly believe its poison..but still going to drink it on occasions cause water gets old fast!)..
    But the other reason I heard its bad for you is that it can make you gain weight..

Does anyone know if this is true? Has anyone been losing without issue drinking diet sodas?? Cause that would suck if I had to give up everything I liked..even supposed 0 calorie items. :cry:

37 lbs down in 120 days, diet soda daily!
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options

I was told diet soda was bad for you (number one reason was aspartame and sorry, I agree.. if its man made and not nature grown, I firmly believe its poison..but still going to drink it on occasions cause water gets old fast!)..
    But the other reason I heard its bad for you is that it can make you gain weight..

Does anyone know if this is true? Has anyone been losing without issue drinking diet sodas?? Cause that would suck if I had to give up everything I liked..even supposed 0 calorie items. :cry:

37 lbs down in 120 days, diet soda daily!
    80lbs down and I've never give up my Coke Zero...

Awesome. Works for me!
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm on the diet Dr. Pepper train.

When I want cola, it's diet Pepsi. I never have liked Coke. It might be because when I was little, the prescribed treatment for an upset stomach/nausea/vomiting was Coke syrup over crushed ice. Does anyone else remember that? I think I came to associate the flavor with feeling unwell.

I'm on a fruity soda kick right now, though. I'm all about diet Orange Crush mixed with diet Cranberry Canada Dry.

OMG Yes! Not over ice, though, and the syrup bought from the ice cream parlour across the street with the machines that had a separate stream for the syrup and the carbonated water. I was well into adulthood before I could stomach any cola drinks.

For the record - diet coke all the way!

eta: Curious, GottaBurnEmAll - I'm from NY, and everyone I knew used the coke syrup. When we moved to CA no one had ever heard of it. Are you from back east - assuming you're in the US? :)
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options

I lost around 50lbs while drinking several cans of diet soda a day. Now I've been successfully maintaining the loss for several years, while still drinking diet soda several times a day. Besides losing the extra weight and going from size 14 jeans down to size 4s, I'm also in excellent health by every maker my doctor uses, including normalizing a high glucose number.
  • SarahStarr86
    SarahStarr86 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Fanta Zero? Fanta Orange Zero is honestly so good I have to always have my husband taste it when my local restaraunt gives it to me because I refuse to believe it's diet. I'm always nervous they've tricked me and gave me the regular version, haha, it's a conspiracy!! Anywho, yes Coke Zero, cherry Coke Zero, and any of the Fanta Zero flavors are my jam!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke is life. I love the stuff, but I keep my love in check - I have one every few weeks/months, I try to buy a can now and then and not bring it into the house.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    Am I alone in hating every single diet soda? Most artificial sweeteners taste bitter to me. My husband drinks massive quantities of Diet Coke, and it's so strange to me that it tastes sweet to everyone but me.

That's why I like Diet Coke. It's not very sweet. Full-sugar sodas taste like syrup.

I still don't drink it often, though. Only when I eat at a restaurant or get take-out, and I don't care if they give me Diet Pepsi instead. My usual drinks are coffee, water, and plain seltzer with a squeeze of lemon juice. My husband has cut back on beer and his go-to replacement is caffeine-free Diet Coke.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    I'm on the diet Dr. Pepper train.

When I want cola, it's diet Pepsi. I never have liked Coke. It might be because when I was little, the prescribed treatment for an upset stomach/nausea/vomiting was Coke syrup over crushed ice. Does anyone else remember that? I think I came to associate the flavor with feeling unwell.

I'm on a fruity soda kick right now, though. I'm all about diet Orange Crush mixed with diet Cranberry Canada Dry.

OMG Yes! Not over ice, though, and the syrup bought from the ice cream parlour across the street with the machines that had a separate stream for the syrup and the carbonated water. I was well into adulthood before I could stomach any cola drinks.

For the record - diet coke all the way!

eta: Curious, GottaBurnEmAll - I'm from NY, and everyone I knew used the coke syrup. When we moved to CA no one had ever heard of it. Are you from back east - assuming you're in the US? :)

Yup, grew up in Philly. I was doing some reading, I saw most people just got it on a spoon. I think the crushed ice must have been my mother's own spin. She got our Coke syrup from the pharmacy.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    95 pounds down, drinking all sorts of diet soda.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Bluwaves1 wrote: »
    It tastes good , but you need to add Rum to it....

Whiskey or GTxO. :D

As far as the OP, for me it's anything but Diet Pepsi. If it's Coke brand, Diet Coke all the way - but I often buy the 'generic' store brands of cola (or root beer or Dr. Pepper) and am just as satisfied with them.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I love Coke Zero and sorry its not the same as diet coke . I have cut way back . I did try the diet, caffeine free sodium free kind but it just wasn't coke zero and as much as the debate on aspartame is I still don't think it is great for you in large amounts so I have started drinking cola life at home and coke zero if I am out
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I love me some diet soda. I don't discriminate.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Noname brand diet coke represent! 3 times as much for the same price.
  • jessVanL
    jessVanL Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Coke light is my go to for everything , I can consume 2-4 litres a day , I absolutely love the stuff
  • butcher206
    butcher206 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love Coke Zero and Pepsi Max but I started to get a bit out of control with it. Was drinking 1-2 liters a day for a few months then my dentist basically told me I was absolutely destroying my teeth. Said it was far, far worse than regular soda! Plus I started having stomach aches. No good... unfortunately it's only a very rare treat now
  • butcher206
    butcher206 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    By the way, I don't know why more people don't know this but "Diet Pepsi" and "Diet Coke" aren't Pepsi / Coke with just artificial sweeteners... they're actually their own unique individual flavors. "Coke Zero" = Coca Cola Classic with artificial sweetener, and I think "Pepsi Max" = Pepsi Cola with artificial sweeteners and maybe ginseng and a little extra caffeine but I could be wrong about the Pepsi Max. Coke Zero definitely = Coca Cola classic though. At least that's what a Coca-Cola representative told me
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i did... until i recently started taking topamax for migraines. now it tastes terrible to me :(
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    i did... until i recently started taking topamax for migraines. now it tastes terrible to me :(

I am so glad Topomax didn't de-fizz soda for me. I'm on a ridiculous dose of the stuff too.
  • HoldTheDoor13
    HoldTheDoor13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I drink an irresponsible amount of Diet Coke.