Former WW, giving this a shot...

Options
2»

Replies

• esegale
    esegale Posts: 1
    Options
    I am new here too and a former WW as well. Quit and like this so much better. The new WW program just did not work for me at all and even gained a few pounds. A friend of mine recommended MFP and I love it so far but just started this week. Everyone seems really friendly and supportive.
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm still a WW member (and on staff), but I'm here because I am so frustrated with the new Points Plus program. I had several people on the WW community suggest I count calories and track points to see what was going on and someone suggested this site. I LOVE it! After just 6 days here, I could see my problem (only needed to be eating 26 to 28 of the daily points and avoiding activity points except on days I ran or hiked for several hours).

This site has really opened my eyes and helped me get back within my goal range.

I am so happy to know I wasn't the only one struggling with the new WW program... for several months I was getting more and more upset trying to figure what I was doing wrong. I quickly found out it wasn't me, it was the program!
  • sasham100
    sasham100 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Like Montana_Girl, I'm still a WW member, but I'm loving the community and straightforwardness of MFP. This site won't make weight loss any easier, but it doesn't give you all the tools you need to make it happen. I'm glad you're here!
  • kellimr
    kellimr Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

I am a former WW online member too! I did fantastic on the old program and lost over 60lbs 2yrs ago. I joined the program again a couple months ago (found 30 of those pounds I lost!) but I don't like the Points Plus Program at ALL!! Didn't want to bother paying for something that was NOT working this time around. I know I will stick to this because of the accountability of the food journals. Good luck with this everyone and nice to see you all on here!!
  • jillnemma
    jillnemma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    also former WW...lost close to 90lbs in 2yrs....4yrs later..gained 40 back. I really like this a whole lot better because you can eat what you want knowing already that you have the calories left or not...no need to check your points and factor in fat, carbs and fiber. My sister in law told me about MFP and she's lost over 35lbs already......
  • ckoerperich
    Options
    Hi, I've used weight watchers with some success, but as with anything the novelty of it wore off. I love this site and reading all the boards and such. It's a good way to keep busy and out of the snacks. Good luck to you.
  • ckoerperich
    Options
    Hi, I've used weight watchers with some success, but as with anything the novelty of it wore off. I love this site and reading all the boards and such. It's a good way to keep busy and out of the snacks. Good luck to you.