Brides on a Mission: July

Options
Hello Brides!

Welcome to July! Please continue to post regularly and especially posting weekly weigh-ins. You all know the drill!

Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post.)
1. Name:
2. Age:
3. City:
4. Occupation:
5. Wedding date:
6. Fiancés name:
7. How long you and your fiancé have been together:
8. Heaviest weight:
9. Goal weight and date:
10. Favorite type of exercise:
11. Favorite healthy food:

Brides on a Mission: JULY (Please copy and paste this into your profile with each weekly weigh-in)
1. Weight loss/inches lost this week:
2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened):
3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):
4. Any wedding news updates:
5. Weekly wrap up:

Replies

• vanrunninggirl
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: JULY

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: zip, well i'm yo-yoing a bit and i'm not sure why, i've been up 2 lbs for about a month and i can't seem to shake them, grrr!!! engagement photos in two weeks and i would feel more comfortable back at 143.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Sunshine!!! The weather is finally nice here in Vancouver, BC Canada and I'm LOVING it, only trouble is I still have to go to work. We stopped by our beautiful new home this weekend and it looks oh-so-nice in the sun, and then we discovered a beautiful dog beach only about 10 minutes from our new home.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Work is very stressful and I am soooo tired all the time, not really sure what I can do to change it.

4. Any wedding news updates: As I said, engagement photos next week, my cousin and bridesmaid tried on a bridesmaid dress that looked really cute on her, so we're making a bit of progress there, my mom found the third potential dress to wear, LOL, booked an appointment for my first dress fitting. Still on the hunt for flat or small wedge blinged out sandals to wear on the beach.

5. Weekly wrap up: House stuff, work stuff, wedding stuff, yikes! Oh yeah, and working on losing that couple of pounds!
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: none, understandable with the holiday weekend.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): A lot of family time and i wore a bikini yesterday and got a ton of compliments :blushing:

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Grandfather just started chemo, so I have been dealing with a lot of stuff related to that.

4. Any wedding news updates: Booked our DJ last week!

5. Weekly wrap up: It was a good week for working out, but only so-so on the eating side.
  • kcallag
    kcallag Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey ladies,
    I've been following this post for a while (it has been wonderful motivation) and thought it was time I jump in!

1. Name: Kathleen
    2. Age: 26
    3. City: Washington, DC
    4. Occupation: Online Marketing Manager
    5. Wedding date: 9-10-11
    6. Fiancés name: Aaron
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 2 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 165 (though was 139 when started MFP in March)
    9. Goal weight and date: 125 by 9-10-11
    10. Favorite type of exercise: elliptical
    11. Favorite healthy food: salads

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1.5 (though my scale doesn't seem the most reliable- any recommendations on how to tell for sure whether it is accurate?)
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Fun, low-key holiday weekend
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Got a lonely when realized with my relatively new job I don't see my friends and acquaintances nearly as much. I was enjoying 'me' time, but realize that I need a balance. I realized that I need to make a more proactive effort to see my friends.
    4. Any wedding news updates: got my shoes- though not the most comfortable, so will have to practice walking in them
    5. Weekly wrap up: Good week. Also, fiance wants to get in better shape so asked if he could also do MFP. It has already been so much easier now that we are both tracking food!
  • CosmosCameron
    Options
    Hey!

I'm new and after trying on my dress yesterday am determined to feel more comfortable in it by dropping a few pounds! Thanks for the motivation! I've got nearly a year to go to get rid of my squidgy bits but am starting early in the hope I can maintain a lower weight.

1. Name: Cameron
    2. Age: 29
    3. City: Edinburgh
    4. Occupation: Artist
    5. Wedding date: June 2012
    6. Fiancés name: John
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 4 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 148
    9. Goal weight and date: 135 by January 2012
    10. Favorite type of exercise: cycling
    11. Favorite healthy food: fruit

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: started MFP a few weeks ago and am now at 144
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): dancing at a fab gig at the weekend
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): doing a dull extra job for a month which has me mainly at the computer is energy sapping and means I haven't had a day off since the start of June
    4. Any wedding news updates: tried my dress on properly for the first time and it's nearly right!
    5. Weekly wrap up: counting down to finishing dull job and getting back to normal work which is far more fun!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Bump! I promise to get back in the game this week. I have just been so busy!
  • klwalton88
    klwalton88 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post.)
    1. Name: Krista
    2. Age: 23
    3. City: Atascadero, CA
    4. Occupation: Account Manager
    5. Wedding date: 10/22/11
    6. Fiancés name: Kelly
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 3.5 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 185
    9. Goal weight and date: 160 by 10/22/11
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Yoga
    11. Favorite healthy food: Fruit

Brides on a Mission: JULY (Please copy and paste this into your profile with each weekly weigh-in)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: -1lb
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Invitations came!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I had surgery on my wrist on the 21st of last month and haven't been able to exercise.
    4. Any wedding news updates: Working on finalizing the guest list and putting together the invitations.
    5. Weekly wrap up: The wedding is getting so close and there is so much to do.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    It's my first time seeing this group. I'm also an October bride on a mission to look and feel my best not only on my wedding day but EVERYDAY!

1. Name: Just call me "Bryte"
    2. Age: 28
    3. City: Orlando
    4. Occupation: Systems Engineer
    5. Wedding date: 10/22/2011
    6. Fiancés name: "Mr. P"
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 6 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 208 (7/2010)
    9. Goal weight and date: Initial goal of 160 lbs by the wedding and ultimately 140 lbs as soon as I can get there
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Volleyball but unfortunately had to stop playing due to tendonitis. Currently enjoy Turbo Jam and running.
    11. Favorite healthy food: Pineapples

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Will weigh in/measure this Sunday and update
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I got all of the invitation envelopes addressed!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Just found out that the event manager at our venue that we have been working with for over a year just moved to Scotland and now we have to work with a totally new person. It just sucks because we really liked her and after working with her for so long, it makes us sad that she won't be there to see us get married and now we have to get a totally new person up to speed on our wedding just three months before the day.
    4. Any wedding news updates: See # 2 & 3
    5. Weekly wrap up: Ate more than I should at the July 4th cookout but didn't beat myself up about it. Got right back on track and pushing harder this week. Doing day 3 of week 2 of the C25K running program today hopefully and looking forward to it. Later will work on printing the RSVP cards for the wedding invitation.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Grandfather just started chemo, so I have been dealing with a lot of stuff related to that.

Sorry about your grandpa. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1.5 (though my scale doesn't seem the most reliable- any recommendations on how to tell for sure whether it is accurate?)

I put my dumbells on it to check the accuracy. Like put two 10lb dumbells and see if it says 20lbs.
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: -0.4lbs
    2. Highlight of the past week: Teaching therapeutic riding lessons is going well - I'm hoping to move into that as a full-time career eventually
    3. Lowlight of the past week: Been busy. Too busy to do much other than work. Nothing wedding-related done for a while.
    4. Any wedding news updates: Getting ready to send out invites!
    5. Weekly wrap up: Just keep swimming...
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1.4lbs lost; since my last measurements on 6/18, lost an additional 13.75 inches :drinker:

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I did a full day of detox on Monday and didn't die after all LMAO. I only ate raw veggies and fruits but did sneak in a few nuts.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Guest list continues to grow. People suddenly get engaged. Family members think it's okay to just bring other people. :explode:

4. Any wedding news updates: Pretty much finished assembling all the invitations. Just need to print directions and should be ready to send them out the first week of August!

5. Weekly wrap up: So far this week is going well. I successfully detoxed and have pumped up my workout this week. Really hoping the scale is kind to me this Sunday when I weigh in.
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Sorry I have not been postings. Things have really gotten busy with wedding planning! Less than 10 weeks to go!

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Been staying the same. Just got back from vacation and I want to give myself a few days before I jump on the scale again!

2. Highlight of the past week: Invitations are out. We have already started getting response cards back!

3. Lowlight of the past week: trying to finish my thesis revisions for my masters before the wedding. It is slow going. I need to get motivated again.

4. Any wedding news updates:
    A) Picked our reception menu! Yum!
    B) I scheduled my first dress fitting for August 2 (LESS THAN 3 WEEKS AWAY!!!:noway: ) so I really need to buckle down, once the fittings start I won't really want to lose much, just try to maintain.

5. Weekly wrap up: Buckling down. Goal: log everything and be a HOTT bride! :bigsmile:
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    B) I scheduled my first dress fitting for August 2 (LESS THAN 3 WEEKS AWAY!!!:noway: ) so I really need to buckle down, once the fittings start I won't really want to lose much, just try to maintain.

I know exactly what you mean. I am trying to push my fitting out as close as possible to the wedding date because once I fit and it goes for alterations I know I won't be able to lose more weight/inches. I want to be a hot bride too!
  • vanrunninggirl
    Options

I know exactly what you mean. I am trying to push my fitting out as close as possible to the wedding date because once I fit and it goes for alterations I know I won't be able to lose more weight/inches. I want to be a hot bride too!

ladies, my first fitting is august 2nd also! exact same day! and i'm nowhere NEAR ready...i keep telling myself it's a corset back so it's all fine, but really, IT IS NOT FINE!!! Eeks, the fitting is happening MUCH sooner than i expected because my best friend is here from the UK and wants to see the dress, perhaps I won't even do the fitting and just let her see? what do you think? it was a one of a kind dress that was at least one full size too big when i tried it down, so i was thinking i'd just have them take it in quite a bit now, and then if i need it taken in more closer to the day, i'll go ahead and do that in the winter (wedding is february)
  • mmpriemer
    mmpriemer Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi, I am new to MFP and getting married in December. I know it is the middle of July, but I was wondering if I could still join this support group. I will even fill out all the information :)

1. Name: Megan
    2. Age: 24
    3. City: Port Huron, MI
    4. Occupation: Teacher
    5. Wedding date: December 17, 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Joel
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 6 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 202
    9. Goal weight and date: 140 by wedding, would really like to get down to 130 though
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Running
    11. Favorite healthy food: Hummus

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1.2 pounds this week, 1 inch in bust and 1 inch in hips.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Work at a summer camp with kids with special needs and we all got to go to the wave pool and one of the kids said I looked nice in my bathing suit lol.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Just really emotional with everything coming up. It is "that time of the month" and just stressed out with work and wedding planning (but who isn't!)

4. Any wedding news updates: Just picked out my favors. I am making candles out of champagne glasses. Hopefully they will look nice.

5. Weekly wrap up: Work out more :) and eat my exercise calories!
  • suzumichan
    suzumichan Posts: 127
    Options
    Since I've been gone for awhile and got so many new brides I figure I would update and re-post this:
    1. Name: Brittany
    2. Age: 22
    3. City:Louisville, KY soon to be Tonawanda, NY
    4. Occupation: Office Clerk
    5. Wedding date: 10/11/11
    6. Fiancés name: Andrew
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: Four years *Start of the 5th year will be the wedding day*
    8. Heaviest weight: 289
    9. Goal weight and date: 220 (Just for now) August 30th
    10. Favorite type of exercise: 30 day shred
    11. Favorite healthy food: Fresh Cauliflower

Sorry I havent been posting! So much stuff to do! Im moving the same week of the wedding so Im packing and getting ready for the wedding at the same time.
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 6.9 lbs 0 inches
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I learned I am out of the 250's and that made my day. Also I got a apartment when I go to Tonawanda, NY so that makes me even happier. Wedding day is getting close.
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Been eating away to much salt. :( I cant stop myself.
    4. Any wedding news updates: It is now 83 days til the wedding! I still fit my wedding dress and I got to see my Fiancé in a tux. He refused to show me his High school pictures. (Even tho we started dating in high school)
    5. Weekly wrap up: Drink more water!! I have been trying to get up to 2 liters of water a day. Just never can get past 1 liter of water.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Finally got to see our engagement pics! Still trying to get back into the swing of things here!!
  • amandapratt
    Options
    Finally got to see our engagement pics! Still trying to get back into the swing of things here!!

That's so exciting! Are you gonna post any for us to see? :happy:
  • amandapratt
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: -0.8lbs
    2. Highlight of the past week: Invites are out! Well, mostly.
    3. Lowlight of the past week: Me time is at an all-time low :frown: I can't remember the last time I was able to sit down for 20 minutes and do nothing.
    4. Any wedding news updates: Invites are mostly out - the ones I'm going to hand-deliver still have to go out but at least everything that I need to mail is gone!
    5. Weekly wrap up: Just keep swimming...
  • mmpriemer
    mmpriemer Posts: 19
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: -3.5lbs!!! Love that it is hot out and I am sweating off the weight :)
    2. Highlight of the past week: In the town I live in there is a huge festival that I am just enjoying :)
    3. Lowlight of the past week: I don't know if you heard... but apparently it has been very hot around the country including where I live where I am an outdoor camp instructor. It has been hot lol
    4. Any wedding news updates: Finally finished registering. It was an ok experience
    5. Weekly wrap up: Keep hydrated.... with water that is :P