Shorties like me under 5'5 positive vibes only!

Options

Replies

• chrystaljohnson0129
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5-2 and looking to lose 75-85 lbs. I'm new to MFP and want to add ladies who are in the same range as me. (50+lbs) I need folks who are in it for the long haul. :)
  • cheyennekerren2016
    Options
    I'm 5,4 and I'm currently at 165lbs! Lost 15lbs so far but by the end of march I'm trying to hit 155lbs! Add me as a friend as I need more to help my motivation so please add me!
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5'2 160lbs. GW:135. 40 years old. Workout daily, just can't get food under control. I am definitely an emotional eater. I've been as low as 135 in the last 8 years and as high as 166. Hover around 155.
  • nshaigh
    nshaigh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Fellow shorty here (5'4"). I totally understand the struggle! Working on losing around 30 lbs. Would love some extra encouragement, so feel free to add me. That goes for any of you that have replied as well! :)
  • jroth261
    jroth261 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bossymom15 wrote: »
    Uhhh. Sick again. It's wrecking my workouts, but I'm still tracking!
    geez, that's a bummer. Do you live with kids that are bringing everything home? I take the zinc/Zicam supplements at 1st threat of cold and a good quality Elderberry syrup everyday at least during the winter. This one is low cal
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018S55NIC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Glad you're still tracking! Hope you're fully back in the game again soon!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Man, I'm 5'4 and get sad when I see this thread pop up. I thought I was avergae heigh. Sigh. Way to burst my bubble...
  • jroth261
    Options
    For the first time in 5+ years I have lost 2lbs in a week. I feel awesome!!!! I'm addicted now to working out and feeling really motivated!!!
    I'm 4'11" and just hit 158.... haven't weighed that since before I had babies. I'm gonna lose 30 more I think. Please add me if you're looking for more support - I could use some new motivated vertically challenged friends

So happy for you! You're on fire and you've earned it!
  • jroth261
    edited February 2017
    Options
    mtroth317 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm 5'2" and about 145. I'm struggling with weighing myself...don't like it at all. I think I'd rather weigh-in once a month or so and pay attention to other measurements or how my clothes fit in between. I struggle with being super motivated for a couple of weeks, then I go back to unmotivated. Total yo yo! Overall, I'm super happy with my body, so my goal is to live to 100 (hee hee), which means a lower BMI and healthy lifestyle.

I generally eat well, but I have to exercise way more! Time management is also an issue for me. Looking to connect with other shorties and read all your inspiration. :)

Prob a pretty good idea! I've been weighing myself at least half the wk and frustrating myself by the seemingly lack of results. Partly why I'm starting to focus on fitness goals as well, otherwise I'd lose my mind trying to be patient :D
  • Taryan23
    Taryan23 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2 and looking to lose 50 lbs.. I've lost 50lbs already.. Feel free to add me!
  • bossymom15
    bossymom15 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    jroth261 wrote: »
    bossymom15 wrote: »
    Uhhh. Sick again. It's wrecking my workouts, but I'm still tracking!
    geez, that's a bummer. Do you live with kids that are bringing everything home? I take the zinc/Zicam supplements at 1st threat of cold and a good quality Elderberry syrup everyday at least during the winter. This one is low cal
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018S55NIC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Glad you're still tracking! Hope you're fully back in the game again soon!

I work with the public and the kids bring it home. I take UMKA and sometimes that helps. Thanks for the recommendations.
  • areneau89
    areneau89 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    5'1 here and I completely get where you're coming from girl!!! It seems like I gain only in my face & stomach mainly and weight shows up sooo much more easily on us because it has nowhere to go, lol
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 4 trying to lose 100 pounds approximately, 1st 14 so far. Can't see much difference,yet additional accountability is always helpful
  • keepmoving32
    keepmoving32 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    jennylm87 wrote: »
    I'm 5'3" with about 40 pounds to lose, but I'm also hypothyroid which makes it EXTREMELY difficult to lose weight. Trying very hard to stay positive, but some days are more difficult than others. I have an open diary and feel free to add me :)

As if losing wasn't frustrating enough by itself! Do meds not help all that much then?
    I find short term goals are just as important as the long term ones (you can't get somewhere without definitive directions), and it's especially helpful to include ones that aren't focused on weight loss so you don't lose your mind when you're not scoring a win with the scale or tape measure!

I hope I am replying correctly, not sure how to post in forums. Anyways, I was diagnosed about a year ago with hypothyroidism. Supposedly my thyroid levels are now "normal" due to the meds. I can only lose maybe one or two pounds now if I excercise 5x's a week and eat TOTALLY CLEAN. I managed to lose 3lbs last week but cheated over the weekend and gained it all back. My body was never like this before. I was always very skinny. Now I am 5'2 160lbs. I was always 115-120 my entire adult life. It sucks.
  • jroth261
    Options
    Man, I'm 5'4 and get sad when I see this thread pop up. I thought I was avergae heigh. Sigh. Way to burst my bubble...

You're average height in my book B)
  • jroth261
    Options
    Taryan23 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm 5'2 and looking to lose 50 lbs.. I've lost 50lbs already.. Feel free to add me!

At the halfway mark - so excited for you! You must already look & feel drastically improved!
  • jroth261
    Options
    pamfgil wrote: »
    I'm 5 4 trying to lose 100 pounds approximately, 1st 14 so far. Can't see much difference,yet additional accountability is always helpful

It seems to take me a good 10lbs to go down a dress size, & I have less to lose. It will add up quick though with consistent effort so have patience. Keeping motivation past the first chunk always seems the hardest for me bcuz like most ppl I expect my weight loss to go downward in a continuous and quick fashion! Unfortunately, it's not so perfectly linear like that. You're already done with 14% of your goal!
  • jroth261
    Options
    jennylm87 wrote: »
    I'm 5'3" with about 40 pounds to lose, but I'm also hypothyroid which makes it EXTREMELY difficult to lose weight. Trying very hard to stay positive, but some days are more difficult than others. I have an open diary and feel free to add me :)

As if losing wasn't frustrating enough by itself! Do meds not help all that much then?
    I find short term goals are just as important as the long term ones (you can't get somewhere without definitive directions), and it's especially helpful to include ones that aren't focused on weight loss so you don't lose your mind when you're not scoring a win with the scale or tape measure!

I hope I am replying correctly, not sure how to post in forums. Anyways, I was diagnosed about a year ago with hypothyroidism. Supposedly my thyroid levels are now "normal" due to the meds. I can only lose maybe one or two pounds now if I excercise 5x's a week and eat TOTALLY CLEAN. I managed to lose 3lbs last week but cheated over the weekend and gained it all back. My body was never like this before. I was always very skinny. Now I am 5'2 160lbs. I was always 115-120 my entire adult life. It sucks.

Would not be so hard on yourself! I got up to 160 at 5'2" before, and 1 to 2 lb loss is perfectly reasonable. Do you weigh/log everything? It's still easy to overeat while clean eating for some ppl. Build up your muscle too! You get a bigger post workout "after burn" from lifting weights than cardio, and that's not counting the extra cals u burn from gradual muscle gain!
  • Jennyfrmtheblock801
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'3" a mom of 2 and a pastry chef. I SO understand the struggle! I'll add you.
  • jenniferj0417
    jenniferj0417 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'3" a mom of 2 and a pastry chef. I SO understand the struggle! I'll add you.

Yay! A fellow shorty, chef and mom of 2 just like me! Ugh and you're a pastry chef! I know you definitely know the struggle.
  • FITitch40
    FITitch40 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow shorties!!!!

I'm 5'3 and looking to lose 50-60 pounds. Definitely add me, I'm looking for buddies with similar goals.