Little things that helped you lose weight

Options
Hey guys can you share all the tips and hacks that you used to lose weight and be successful. For eg. Drinking water before each meal, or hanging out the smaller piece of clothing out of the closet for motivation etc.

Replies

• c123c
    c123c Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Green tea before every meal
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Planning my meals and prelogging! Every single time I log after the fact (even weighing the ingredients as I go and jotting them down on a post-it) I always find I cooked 30-50% more in a meal than I intended too.
  • LEAS86
    LEAS86 Posts: 144 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I cut out coffee after 11am. I work in an office where the kettle is constantly boiling so was drinking around 8 cups a day. I'm not good at hydrating (I don't like water) but switching coffee for herbal tea eliminates some calories and carbs (I take milk and sweetener) and gets my water intake up.
    I've changed my eating pattern to suit my hunger pattern - I'm not hungry in the mornings but was frequently starving by around 2/3pm. Now I bring an omelette to work and eat it at around 11am, keeps me full until dinner time.
    I also stock my fridge with good snacking options (pre portioned if I'm feeling organised!) for when the urge strikes at the weekend.
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Over the weekend, I decide -- in a general sense -- what I'll have during the week. Sometimes, I cook ahead or cook extra so I am set up for some meals over the week.

Sometimes I am really, uncomfortably hungry for a few days in a row -- and nothing will have changed food or activity-wise. This happens maybe every two or so months. When it happens, I take an extra multi-vitamin, and it does seem to quiet things down considerably. Might be a coincidence, but sometimes I wonder if my body is sending out some signal to get a particular nutrient (because I don't need more food).

I mostly stay away from eating out. Even if I choose carefully and make a point of eyeballing portions as best as I can, I do not lose weight the weeks I go out for a meal or two on the weekend. 1 egg and Canadian bacon at my house is 175 calories; somehow, it is not the same at my local diner even though it looks the same. I'm a little over 5' and near my goal, so I think even a little extra cooking oil (or however restaurants are cooking their food, which is different than how I'm cooking it) can wipe out my deficit.

For me, the type of food I have in the beginning of the day makes a huge difference in my overall satiety for the entire day. If the first thing I eat (no matter the time) is a bowl of oatmeal or a banana or piece of toast, then I am starving for the rest of the day. If I have protein, I am OK.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    9" plates. Growing up, breakfast was eggs, bacon and toast. With smaller plates the toast doesn't fit, so I don't usually eat it.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I discovered the weekly graphs in the nutrition section. I started looking at a weekly goal instead of just the daily goal. So now I'm not too concerned if I have a day that's a bit too high, or a bit too low, as long as the average per day in the weekly nutritional info still puts me within my goal range. This has made a HUGE difference to me and in how I view weight loss.

I also switched to weighing daily with a trending app but only logging it weekly so that I know not to expect changes too quickly.