Hey GUYS! Where do you get your motivation to lose weight?

Options
I start off good....I have about 15 pounds I need to lose...but after a few days my bad eating comes in again! How do you guys keep yourself on the right track?

Replies

• vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I look in the mirror a 360 degree one does better but a regular mirror works
  • Li_Willi
    Li_Willi Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Ditto!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    at the moment i just keep repeating to my self keep my eye on the prize, the prize is to look best i can on my cruise.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I look at pictures of athletic girls that I want to be... and also... think of my upcoming wedding
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Personally I look at my before and after pictures - it clearly shows me where I never want to be again.....

In the end of the day I suppose for me it is "how badly do you want it??" that is all the motivation I need to make every day a good day....

and for me the "it" is a wonderful healthy life - so this is not a diet - it is my new healthy fit lifestyle!!
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options

I don't need one of those. My regular mirror does just fine.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

yep this, when i was losing weight. "how do you like your big fat gut?", i would ask myself.

also, visualize yourself in your ideal body....
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Reminding yourself in the mirror helps.

Get rid of all the unhealthy junk food and snacks in your home, helps you avoid overeating treats when bored or sitting around.

Get up and go exercise. I find a little exercise (a walk, a jog, shoot some hoops, swim, etc) gets me out of the snacky mood.
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Each of us has within us the ability to be what and who we want....you just have to decide. Now go do it!

xo
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    I am a stubborn person. One day, I decided that I was going to do it. I just changed my eating. No more junk, just healthy foods and I hit the gym every weekday for 45 minutes.

My motivation is to succeed. Every time I weigh in and my weight is down, I'm motivated to keep going.

First weeks are the hardest. Eventually, the change in diet just becomes how you eat.

Good luck!
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Yep, every time I get a glimpse of myself in the mirror it just motivates me to keep trying no matter how hard this is.
  • fourmenandalady
    Options
    I get my motivation from all the people who said it couldn't be done after kids! I'm competitive and will be in better shape at 30 than I was at 20!
  • HeyItsMeBlanche
    Options
    Wow thanks guys! What a supportive group!

By the way how can I get my ticker to show up when I write on the message boards like your guys are?
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Using some of the sayings of previous posters, like "How badly do you want it?" and "Eyes on the prize!," but also thinking about how all of those little things add up. I really DON'T want to do another push-up, but I just think about how temporary the discomfort is compared to how awesome my arms will look in my wedding dress. I really DO want to eat another piece of chocolate (or seven!), but I think about how tiny that satisfaction will be compared to being able to look back at wedding photos that I'll love (because of the way I look).

When I've had a bad day, in terms of eating or not exercising, I think of my mom loosely quoting "Gone with the Wind," telling me, "Tomorrow's another day, Scarlet."

I hope this helps; I enjoyed the other posts, too!
  • nsyl2350
    nsyl2350 Posts: 11
    Options
    I take pictures of myself totally relaxed (front, back & sides) and compare them over the weeks to show that there is change. I also compare them to pictures of me at my goal weight (where I was a long time ago). This helps show my current progress and where I need to go still.

J.
  • markawillis
    Options
    I gave myself another hobby, running. Once I got started I always have something else to look forward too. I push myself in the running and it helps me to stay on track in the "eating" department. First I wanted to be able to run for 30 minutes. Then I wanted to run in a 5K. Now I'm working toward my first 1/2 marathon. Then my first Marathon at 40 years old, that one is not until March 2013. But I will be ready! I think if your just trying to lose weight for the sake of losing weight you lose sight of the big picture. But if your working toward more than one goal, I.E. running the next race and dropping that next pound, it helps to keep you on track.
  • AlexandraR2011
    AlexandraR2011 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I look at the girls with short shorts and cute legs and want it without being self conscious :)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    When I first started I took pictures from a magazine of skinny girls and would put those on my treadmill...

but now I keep reminding myself how hard I've worked...and when that doesn't work I make sure to talk to someone about their weight loss or how they've overcome struggles. Plus I dont want to go back to bigger clothes :ohwell:
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    It's in my pants.

Literally. So f'n tight.
  • bmpal
    bmpal Posts: 36
    Options
    I get used to seeing myself in the mirror and often don't actually see my real size but the size I was a year or two ago. So, then I try to feel the muscle under my fat! I stand up and shake all over and feel the jiggle! I know that may sound silly but it keeps me in check and working toward my goals!