How do you ( or did) plan to celebrate or reward yourself?

Options

Replies

• bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    This thread is great because I am wanting to do something over the top when I get to my UGW. I have lost 40 pounds so I have had to get new clothes, I go for massages monthly because my benefits pay for them so I need something really special for when I get there
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    I've been rewarding myself with new clothes out of necessity. I have to look presentable for work and too big clothes and a front desk don't mix well...

My long term reward (dependent on hitting goal weight and maintaining for 2 years) is eye surgery. My doctor actually suggested it to me when I went it to start the necessary preparations. He's worried that losing weight might impact my sight (my astigmatism has been changing since I've lost weight), so he'd rather wait until it's again stabilized - meaning in about 4 years... :neutral:

Has your astigmatism been getting worse? I guess time for me to schedule and eye dr. appt.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    brookielaw wrote: »
    My husband bought me a new wedding ring for our anniversary, which fell right around the point where I lost 50% of my body weight and the 200 lb loss mark fell shortly thereafter. I would have told him not to spend the money but was ok with the expense when it was a celebration of those 3 important things. I had been wearing my wedding ring and band on my index finger for months. I plan on having them resized when I hit my goal weight.

That reminds me, I need to resize mine before I lose it.
  • Shannibal
    Shannibal Posts: 103 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I plan to re-form my band and attend the 2018 BlizzCon as a reward
  • jroy1999
    jroy1999 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    From my highest weight I had about 30lbs to lose, so every 10 I plan on using a spa gift certificate I received towards massages/facials/ pedicures. I would love to do a big trip when I reach my ultimate goal, but since we just bought a house and remodeled the kitchen in it in the past year, it's not exactly in the budget. So maybe something nice for the house that we've been putting off or a professional photo shoot of the whole family. We haven't had one of those since my oldest was 18 months and she's 12 now!
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Anithen wrote: »
    As a man, I just want to enjoy the beach or occasionally do landscaping work with my shirt off WITHOUT feeling like I look messed up.

I can totally relate to this. I used to hate taking my shirt off but the first trip to a lake or pool this summer will be glorious.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I feel like the reward is getting my life back---but I'd also like to go to Disney World and feel awesome about doing all the rids and stuff.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Chadxx wrote: »
    Anithen wrote: »
    As a man, I just want to enjoy the beach or occasionally do landscaping work with my shirt off WITHOUT feeling like I look messed up.

I can totally relate to this. I used to hate taking my shirt off but the first trip to a lake or pool this summer will be glorious.

I still doubt I will be able to do this. My plan is to be around 220 this summer, down from 330. I'm worried that I will have so much loose skin that I still won't hit the beach without a t-shirt.

I want to get towed behind a boat on the parachute thing. And zipline. Basically things I could not have done at 330. And get back to flyfishing.

It is just a matter of time. Hopefully the loose skin won't be too bad and swim trunks will hide it pretty well anyway. I forget how old you are but I am 38 and so far, I seem to be pretty fortunate with the loose skin. I have lost 123 pounds since July and only seem to have a little bit on my stomach and it is steadily tightening up. Hopefully it won't be as bad as you think. Even if it is, be proud of it. It is a testament to your accomplishment.
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread! I'd not even thought of a reward at the end, guess I felt like being slim would be the reward haha. But why not hey? We must celebrate ourselves.

So now my plan is to take myself off to Barcelona for a long weekend, including clothes shopping. I love the old town district and all of the independent shops, but alas the sizes are small. One day I'll be raiding them! Sounds a bit glam but I'm from the UK and flights are cheap.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

I want to get towed behind a boat on the parachute thing.

I did this when I was younger (just under the weight limit at the time). It was a blast, really, really good fun. Would love to do it again. I was towed over an area full of small sharks and they kept slowing down, so that it seemed as though my toes were about to hit the sea. Probably weren't but it felt close. It was odd how quiet it was once the rope was fully extended and you're right up in the air so that the boat looks tiny below you.

Hope it's not long before you're parascending :) You'll have a great time.

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

I want to get towed behind a boat on the parachute thing. And zipline. Basically things I could not have done at 330.
    I second the ziplining! Would love to do that.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!