Help, Mature bride to be with Jelly belly needs Exercise tips, & suggestions..

Options
6 years ago i had c-section, & since every time i bend or try to exercise, my back hurts for 2-3days after. And riding my bike is damaging my knees, which is putting me off doing more.. Saving for wedding means i don't have the funds to go a gym or swimming, i try to walk 10,600 steps per day, dietitian at Doctors surgery gave me a goal of 1,450 calorie allowance, & was advised not to go lower. And i avoid fad diets because we eat as a family, not individual meals... Try to drink water but find it easier to have black tea, or peppermint tea, Very rarely drink alcohol, or fizzy pop..

i have lost 2stone 6lb in a year, of being on here, but i have been stuck, at 10stone 3lb for 3weeks now...

I have around 18 months to tone up, & hopefully get under my 9stone 7lb target, which i last weighed 22 years ago....

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Push ups and planks
  • MandyLou517
    MandyLou517 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yoga! It does wonders for full body toning and can be as gentle as you'd like it to be. My favorite videos are on YouTube (aka free!). Yoga with Adrianne is a good place to start.
  • kinesiologic
    kinesiologic Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You should probably consult with a physio, just to ensure there isn't something wrong with your back! It will probably cost a bit ($60 in Canada, typically) ... But, so far as backs are concerned, it's definitely better safe than sorry!
  • crispaholicshaz
    crispaholicshaz Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks hun. I am in UK so nhs, would cover medical visit. i have seen doc but they weren't concered. Said my original weight would not of helped. So i guess i am on the right track.. Just gotta push through & hope it gets easier..
  • crispaholicshaz
    Options
    Will have look at yoga thanks MandyLou517..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks hun. I am in UK so nhs, would cover medical visit. i have seen doc but they weren't concered. Said my original weight would not of helped. So i guess i am on the right track.. Just gotta push through & hope it gets easier..

see a physio not a doctor.

in what way is biking damaging your knees?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Eat in a calorie deficit
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Have you been adjusting your calorie intake as your weight has gone down? Eating at 1450 calories may not actually give you a deficit at your new weight.

What does MFP give you when you put your details in to it currently and set it for 1/2lb a week?
  • crispaholicshaz
    Options

see a physio not a doctor.

in what way is biking damaging your knees?

I have had problems with clicking knees since i was a child, the tissue is wearing thin.. The knee feels like someone is pinching it.. We have to be refered by doctor to see a physio.. My doc gives me a painkiller cream..
  • crispaholicshaz
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »
    Have you been adjusting your calorie intake as your weight has gone down? Eating at 1450 calories may not actually give you a deficit at your new weight.

What does MFP give you when you put your details in to it currently and set it for 1/2lb a week?

No i havent changed my calories, tbh i am still learning as i go, My dietitian said 1,000 that mfp gave me was too low. So thats why we did 1,4500 but as ive lost 2stone 6lb i am not under her no more..
  • jps2222
    jps2222 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'd agree that you may need to adjust your calorie goals a little bit. I also found that there were times I'd hang at one number for a week or two and then suddenly it would change a lot and then keep going down. If you adjust your calorie targets a little bit and then just make sure you're meeting them then the weight will come off. Good luck!
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options

No i havent changed my calories, tbh i am still learning as i go, My dietitian said 1,000 that mfp gave me was too low. So thats why we did 1,4500 but as ive lost 2stone 6lb i am not under her no more..

I don't believe MFP could have given you 1000 calories. It's not set up that way.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Could you be happy at your current weight? I think you could benefit from core exercises which will help with your back problems and everything else, and a lifting program focusing on your upper body.

You might be firmer that way without shifting your weight at all.

I don't want to suggest anything vigorous for your legs because of your clicking knees.

A well fitted corset can do wonders.....
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Tea is as good as water. Bravo. I think you have your diet all figured out. Don't mess with a good thing.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i
    Thanks hun. I am in UK so nhs, would cover medical visit. i have seen doc but they weren't concered.

well, ffs . . . you had a c-section, right? i may be out of date about how a c-section is done but if your back issue started with that then physio seems like a no-brainer to me. abs are exactly what protect most people's backs, and last i heard abs are what they have to cut through in a caesarian.
  • crispaholicshaz
    Options
    i
    Thanks hun. I am in UK so nhs, would cover medical visit. i have seen doc but they weren't concered.

well, ffs . . . you had a c-section, right? i may be out of date about how a c-section is done but if your back issue started with that then physio seems like a no-brainer to me. abs are exactly what protect most people's backs, and last i heard abs are what they have to cut through in a caesarian.

They cut just above the pubic line now.. But ur right it does cut supporting muscles.
  • crispaholicshaz
    Options
    Sara1791 wrote: »

I don't believe MFP could have given you 1000 calories. It's not set up that way.

Mfp has given alot of my friends 1000 calories allowance as well as myself. We are all under 5foot 5. & do light activity because of health issues... What reason would i have to lie about it?
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options

Mfp has given alot of my friends 1000 calories allowance as well as myself. We are all under 5foot 5. & do light activity because of health issues... What reason would i have to lie about it?

That's got to be a glitch. I believe it's not supposed to go below 1200 for women, 1500 for men. Contact support for verification.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

That's got to be a glitch. I believe it's not supposed to go below 1200 for women, 1500 for men. Contact support for verification.

Yes it is. OP you might want to redo your stats