Feeling sad

Options
I have gained some over winter, and I'm upset about it, particularly since I've been trying(obviously ineffectively) to lose. But if I try to confide in people, they laugh it off, saying I'm not fat. I am a healthy weight, but not my target weight, but somehow my feelings of failure aren't valid because I'm not obese. That makes it harder, because I feel like I'm alone. I started a sedentary job, and since then it feels like I can hardly eat anything at all. Before I could eat whatever I wanted and still lose weight. It's so frustrating. I'm mostly just venting I guess.

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    There will ALWAYS be critics of your goals. Always. It's ok. You hang in there. Since you are so very close to your goal you will have to be extra strict and careful with watching your calories though.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I was just used to losing on so much, and now I feel like I can gain on air. It's extremely frustrating. Especially when people essentially make fun of me for being worried about it.
  • velocity579
    velocity579 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am not having the same experience, but I have encountered a lot of shock when people hear I still have ten pounds to go. They see that I am much thinner than I used to be, so they assume I must be done, but I am still at the top of a healthy BMI, and I want some wiggle room so that I don't pop over to overweight every time I have a slice of pizza. You know what you need to do! It's okay for you to be worried. I am, too. We will both succeed!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    that's where pals on here come in... find people with similar goals to talk to.
  • lavoiekr
    lavoiekr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't give people the power to make you sad. The only opinion that really matters is your own. Weight loss is a personal journey which others will never understand. We are all losing for our own reasons which others do not understand. Follow your inner voice and ensure it is a positive one, and you will be successful. Have an awesome day!
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    lavoiekr wrote: »
    Don't give people the power to make you sad. The only opinion that really matters is your own. Weight loss is a personal journey which others will never understand. We are all losing for our own reasons which others do not understand. Follow your inner voice and ensure it is a positive one, and you will be successful. Have an awesome day!

^^^This. Well said.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    that's where pals on here come in... find people with similar goals to talk to.

Agreed.