Hi, here I go...

I am going to try this calorie counting thing...I have never had to worry about it in the past, I could just lose weight with exercise, however it is not coming off this time. So, here goes everything!

Replies

• 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Welcome to the website!! Counting calories has become my friend! I too used to succeed just by exercise, but not so much anymore. My eyes have really been opened to what I was consuming before now that I am counting calories...some of the meals we used to prepare at home are not nearly as healthy as I figured they were in the past. Counting calories has made all the difference in the last couple of months and I find it interesting and motivating rather than a burden. Best of luck on your journey!
  • capNramsey
    capNramsey Posts: 35 Member
    I found the only way I started to lose weight is to count calories and exercise. It's great and is saving my life! Several coworkers recently lost weight and it wasn't a special diet, it was counting calories. You really don't realize how bad you're eating until you see all the nutritional information combined. MFP is great and it's really easy to track your calories. You might even become addicted to counting. Best of luck!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Welcome!!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Welcome to MFP.
  • Thanks all, I hope I am as sucessful as all of you!
  • Welcome :)

I too have recently started to count my calories and i never realised how much rubbish i used to eat, it all added up quickly.