Replies

• zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    that's better then limiting my food
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I know, but I wasnt on planning on getting on the scale until next sunday, yea u guys are right, it's no big deal
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    There we go. /thread
  • alejandrocd85
    alejandrocd85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You got it, it is no big deal!
  • Aftronthegreat
    Aftronthegreat Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Everyone goes over now and then! No problem, no big deal!!!! :smiley:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    You're a personal trainer, right? What advice would you give one of your clients if they came to you with this issue? You could always rely upon your own training and experience as to how to handle such a situation.
  • zfitgal
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    You're a personal trainer, right? What advice would you give one of your clients if they came to you wh this issue? You could always rely upon your own training and experience as to how to handle such a situation.

I'd tell them not to worry and focus on the bigger picture...but I'm harsher on myself
    :/
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You're acting like you fell face down in a chinese buffet table. It's a minor blip. If you shaved 25 calories a day off the rest of the week it would even out, though that would probably be pointless because 25 calories a day is well within the margin for error on calculating your intake on any given day, in any event.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    You're acting like you fell face down in a chinese buffet table. It's a minor blip. If you shaved 25 calories a day off the rest of the week it would even out, though that would probably be pointless because 25 calories a day is well within the margin for error on calculating your intake on any given day, in any event.

Not that that's always a bad thing....
  • zfitgal
    Options
    tomorrow is a new day, I'll be fine, I was eating much more before this week and maintaining. I'll be fine. Thank you for all your help ;)
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    A 180cal reduction in your deficit will not stop you losing weight.

Beating yourself up over it, wallowing in guilt, and trying to "pay it back", all threaten your weight loss. This is the mindset that leads to binges and yo-yo dieting.

This is your opportunity to spot and deal with a really problematic behaviour and start cultivating the ability to deal with overeating without drama or guilt. Just log it and move on. There is no payback, there is no moral sin in eating an extra protein bar. You just ate something. No big deal. Log it. Tomorrow is another day.

And by that means, you will gradually change your whole attitude to food, and set yourself up for long term success.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to worry about one-offs. Log it honestly and move on. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • lennyt91
    lennyt91 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    We've all done something like this... If you wanna see perfect days, don't look at my diary.. I've been 800 cals over some days at family gatherings, or oddball stuff like that, but then you'll see a few days where I've had 600-800 total cals for the day!
    Brush it off and move on! It's gonna be okay.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    You don't need to worry about that at all. Don't be so harsh on yourself :smile:
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    zfitgal wrote: »
    Po_210 wrote: »
    zfitgal wrote: »
    would it be bad if I subtracted 180 calories from tomorrow?

If you did, what do you think will happen?

it's my first week, I wanted it to be perfect ..

Perfect doesn't exist.

It's life. It's also less than 200 calories- log it, move on.

Yesterday was my husband's birthday- I was like 600 over. In two days it will be like nothing happened. And I got yummy food and cake.
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Perfectionism is more of a threat to your weight loss than 180 calories.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    today is a new day...I give myself a lee way of 125 cal a day (+/- 10g carbs/protein; +/-5g fat)
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I am a recovered / recovering anorexic and I hate the thought of controlling my food intake by dieting. But, here we are and it's a scary place. I am now 59 and I happened to realize that my weight had crept up after menopause and I wanted to give you the benefit of my experience, by way of my husband who is a retired tennis jock, who says to anyone who will listen, "No body is perfect except for maybe athletes who train hard and do the same movement over and over and over again - thousands of times until the brain and the muscles are conditioned for that move." It's the same with anything - learning to drive, cooking a new food, using a new technique, roller blading (do people even do that any more?), applying makeup... you get my drift. It takes practice, trial and error, and hopefully you won't burn down the kitchen. Be here (at MFP) because you are trying to be MINDFUL of what you are eating, HOW what you are eating makes you FEEL, and LEARNING what you can do to "improve" your score at the end of the day for the RESULTS you are looking for. For me, it took months of trial and error to get "what worked for me" right. I fiddled around with calorie amounts (ratios of protein, carbs, sugar, fat), avoided the mirror and the scale (because that is what they taught anorexics back then), agonized over what to count as exercise or if I should even count exercise at all, and some days I just looked glumly at my numbers and my food choices and muttered. I recommend that you seek out different types of diets and different ratios of protein, carbs, sugar, fat and try them out for a week or two to see how you feel. Are you "hangry"? Are you light headed? Are you craving salt, sugar, crunchy things? It will take time to find what works for you. Don't agonize over each calorie - at the beginning -- it's just a "number". Good luck!