What's the story behind your profile picture?

Options

Replies

• subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    My best deadlift to date, 345 lbs.
    This was after pulling 335, which was already a 10 lb PR.
    Just a few weeks prior I pulled 3 plates for the first time, which was an awesome bench mark to hit, and a few weeks before that was the first time I had ever pulled 300. (Yesterday I pulled 300 x 3!)

Someone on this site decided to pick this picture apart a while back and critique my form ("looks like I'm not engaging my lats and I should not be looking up at the ceiling") because I gave my opinion on something and they felt my input was not asked for.... (Have they never been on a forum? That's what happens lol) I guess giving their opinion that I had bad form made them feel better.
    Well, this lift was a huge accomplishment for me regardless. Deadlift has always been a struggle for me. I have problems with my L4 going out frequently and lower back pain from a non related injury. I had to take over 6 months off from consistent lifting last year because of health problems, and I did not deadlift at all for most of the year. To come back and hit a 50+ lb PR within a few months of being back was incredible. To be able to hang on to this weight when not long before I couldn't hold on to 285 lbs was incredbile. Not to mention I was down over 30 lbs body weight since my previous best.
    Frankly I don't give a kitten if my form was not text book. This was the most difficult deadlift of my life, my legs started shaking. It was a big moment for me.

Meh who cares where you're looking at. Looks like an amazing lift and an impressive PR!
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Just a few weeks prior I pulled 3 plates for the first time, which was an awesome bench mark to hit, and a few weeks before that was the first time I had ever pulled 300. (Yesterday I pulled 300 x 3!)

Someone on this site decided to pick this picture apart a while back and critique my form ("looks like I'm not engaging my lats and I should not be looking up at the ceiling") because I gave my opinion on something and they felt my input was not asked for.... (Have they never been on a forum? That's what happens lol) I guess giving their opinion that I had bad form made them feel better.
    Well, this lift was a huge accomplishment for me regardless. Deadlift has always been a struggle for me. I have problems with my L4 going out frequently and lower back pain from a non related injury. I had to take over 6 months off from consistent lifting last year because of health problems, and I did not deadlift at all for most of the year. To come back and hit a 50+ lb PR within a few months of being back was incredible. To be able to hang on to this weight when not long before I couldn't hold on to 285 lbs was incredbile. Not to mention I was down over 30 lbs body weight since my previous best.
    Frankly I don't give a kitten if my form was not text book. This was the most difficult deadlift of my life, my legs started shaking. It was a big moment for me.

Super impressed and inspired. Love it.
  • TheCounselorx
    TheCounselorx Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    I noted that I needed a profile pic to engage with other MFP users.... I went into the bathroom and took about 500.... this one was the only pic I could use..... I used it.....
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    The cat usually falls asleep in my lap while watching TV, but when I have to get up, I usually lift him up and schnuggle him a little before I let him down. My girlfriend snapped this picture at such a moment.

I always think of the caption for this pic as "Mmmm! This cat smells like pu$$y!"
  • TheCounselorx
    TheCounselorx Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    I noted that I needed a profile pic to engage with other MFP users.... I went into the bathroom and took about 500.... this one was the only pic I could use..... I used it.....

youve changed it so many times for this thread. I don't even know who you are anymore.

... sorry mum... I changed it back to my original because I got chastised by @lstrat115 for trying to make myself appear more interesting than I actually am.....
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    My profile picture was taken right after I finished the Chicago 10K last august. I had been dealing with severe shin pain for ~4 weeks at that point, and this race was the tipping point when I realized that I had a stress fracture. Had to take 10 weeks off from running and DNS the Chicago Marathon, which has been my dream race for 3 years. I have pictures that are more up to date than this one, but I keep it as a reminder to train smart and do a better job listening to my body as I prepare for the marathon again this year!
  • VanishingNachos
    VanishingNachos Posts: 5,688 Member
    Options
    wanted a pic to show off my moneymaker~
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

That is freaking amazing! I doubt very much that people look absolutely perfect on form when testing their 1RM. Sure, you want to, but you aren't pushing yourself if you can easily do it with perfect form.
    Congratulations! I hope I see these numbers some day

Haha yeah, max attempts tend to be imperfect. Shows you what you need to work on ;)

Thanks guys!
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Hiking in Minnesota in FEBRUARY!
    On the trail is my happy place...
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    The cat usually falls asleep in my lap while watching TV, but when I have to get up, I usually lift him up and schnuggle him a little before I let him down. My girlfriend snapped this picture at such a moment.

I always think of the caption for this pic as "Mmmm! This cat smells like pu$$y!"

I still see cat bagpipes lol

@tjiddy, that's hilarious...if I could get him to yowl in that position it would be even better! It would sound just like it!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I like D&D type games and like my privacy.
  • baboontester
    baboontester Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I like Clown makeup
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    The hubs was out of town for a week and I wanted to tell him Good Morning.
  • opheliaphoenix
    opheliaphoenix Posts: 1,474 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I noticed that my bedroom window was producing good lighting that day, so I took advantage...that's it, really. Haha. Now I feel like I need to change it to something more interesting. :lol:
  • JulieBlake2015
    JulieBlake2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me after my boxing match last week , holding my trophy
  • 4righteousnesssake
    4righteousnesssake Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    What's going to be hilarious is when people change their profile pictures and they have nothing to do with their explanations! Folks are going to be so confused!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I took a picture of my shoes while I was stopping for lunch.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I had just gotten a haircut to flatter my thinner face and wanted to show the world what difference weight loss makes.