Constipation??

Options
When I am on track and eating right I usually can't go #2 I eat fruits and veggies and drink lots of water... As soon as I go off track and have a cheat meal I can go right away. I want to be able to go the way I do when I have a cheat meal without having the cheat meal. It frustrates me so :mad:

Why is this??

I tried metamucil and that just left me crampy and didn't help anyways. Does anyone have any suggestions besides eating fiber, veggies and water??

And why would one not go regularly?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    bump
    I have the same problem!
  • brunettebetty
    Options
    I have the same issue! I really have no idea. I figured it was less food intake = less waste. Plus I assumed that taking in less fat (I barely get any in.) might have something to do with it as well? :)
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Healthy FAT in the diet works wonders- I need at least 40 grams to "go". Not fats from bad food --/but foods like avocado, nuts, fish, etc. Lots of info here and on Internet!
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    I use to have that problem. Up your intake of healthy fats. I also drink a lot of herbal teas and they can help. Try the brand Yogi...it has one for that issue.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    ever tried to eat oatmeal?
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Healthy fats are totally necessary to keep the pipes lubed :wink:
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Lots of fibre and lots of water, also what i find always works is dried apricots. But don't eat too many of them and make sure you are at home lol :smile:
  • NianMaya
    NianMaya Posts: 108
    Options
    try Fiber One bars or brownies, they are delicious:)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    omega 3 or fish oil supplements, and 5 dried apricots a day
  • lileungwai
    Options
    I had the same problem till I met the target weight. It is because I can now eat healthy meals with healthy oil( nut oil and fish oil), then the constipation have gone away immediately.
  • Thexplodingirl
    Options
    1) cigarettes and coffee :)
    2) my hubby will rub my tummy and encourage me to make my poopies :) haha.... it's funny but laughter helps. :)
  • emersome
    emersome Posts: 1
    Options
    Have you tried prunes or prune juice. A little bit every morning might do the trick.
  • asilmegan34
    asilmegan34 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, and unfortounately I like to weight myself in the morning but I dont do my business till afternoon. : (But what I do is making a smoothie with oatmeal, fruit, milk, and whey protein. It's got enough fiber to get things going :)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I had that issue till i consumed more fiber. Try eating Fiber One bars, those work and taste good. I eat them all the time and they come in different flavors. I like chocolate chip with peanut butter and its only 160 calories.
  • jenttifer
    jenttifer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've wondered the same thing. I thought high fiber, veges, and fruits were supposed to promote happy bowels, but since I've started eating healthier I have the exact same issue as you! I, too, drink plenty of water, and also figured it had to do with not eating enough fat. (I cut way back on the fat, too...eating more fish, chicken, and turkey and less high fat foods.) I also bought some Colace at the grocery store...not a diuretic, just a stool softener...and it has helped, but I don't want to become dependent on it.
  • yramesor333
    yramesor333 Posts: 152
    Options
    i also have the same prob....ugh !!! thanks for the info never tried apricots
  • dawneekoz
    dawneekoz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree that the healthy fats help! And for me whole grains work wonders. A bowl of oatmeal or cheerios and I am good to go! LOL
  • yramesor333
    yramesor333 Posts: 152
    Options
    omega 3 or fish oil supplements, and 5 dried apricots a day
  • Laufitness
    Laufitness Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    try oatmeal with barley
  • jjgirl76
    jjgirl76 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yep... Me too. Healthy fats are a must. Some oil can help "grease the works." While on track it is imperative that I eat some sort of yogurt, and Activia seems to be my favorite. Good luck and happy pooping.