Girl Scout Cookies

Options

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the big deal with Thin Mints in particular. They are nothing special. At all. Just give me all the Samoas and Dosidos.

Agreed!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Fun fact that I recently learned (through MFP people because there is a real fetish for GS cookies around this joint):
    There is such high demand for GS cookies that there are 2 different companies that make them. So someone here may think thin mints are amazing while someone in another state doesn't like them and can't understand the appeal because they truly aren't as good.
    The main ones they are saying there is a difference in are the S'mores (which by the pics are TOTALLY different versions), thin mints, and samoas/caramel delites

You are welcome

That explains why there are 2 different pictures on their website.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    They no better than any Keebler cookie. Grasshopper cookie vs thin mints? You can't tell the difference. That being said I have become so thoroughly annoyed with the girl scouts in my area that I refuse to even think about purchasing their cookies. The adults who usually set up camp outside every doggone store with these kids are teaching them nothing about the right way to go about it. These girls were literally jumping up and down screaming in the faces of passers by to buy their cookies. They block the entrance and exit so that you cannot get past them and again scream at people. I am not exaggerating. Any talking to they have received from store management where they set up shop falls on deaf ears. I am officially turned off.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    because they are awesome? to each his own - I only get them once a year and try to savor them - plus its a way to support local girl scouts in reaching their goals

if you dont' like them - you can buy and ask for boxes to be donated to soldiers overseas

This is great. I can't believe I didn't know this. Every time someone sells chocolate bars here, I just give them money and tell them to keep the candy bar. The cookies overseas is a great idea. Thanks!

I used to do that. It turned out the kids were just pocketing the cash. There was actually a scheme the kids in our previous apartment complex set up once they realized they could fatten their wallets. They would simply suggest that the potential buyer donate to the school and then give them a "free" candy bar for their donation. They made several hundred doing this. I thought it was sad because once they were discovered no one trusted the kids out selling things for the school anymore.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I hate this time of year. When my daughter was a GS, it was a pain to have to deal with it. Inevitably there were less boxes of cookies than there was money (she would give them away) and I would be stuck paying for them. It's a "trigger" event for me. LOL
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    They're too expensive. I'm already entering a store where they will be cheaper if I want cookies.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    I have to say whats worse than the horde of girl scouts trying to get you to buy their cookies is in the spring when it becomes "Car Wash" Season....you can't drive through town without a million children yelling at your car about needing a car wash. I can't stand that. I just throw money at them out the window.

edit to add...to keep this on track I should keep the girl scout cookies my huge butt cant afford to eat and throw the boxes at them instead of money. That could work. They probably get hungry washing all those cars. Win win.

I have to run 2 car washes this summer :'( I am not looking forward to it

Are these topless car washes? And do you accept cookies as payment?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I bought a box just to have the opportunity to hit on the girl scouts' mom.
  • tamisteffens
    tamisteffens Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I want to know how someone goes about eating 1 serving a day. I literally would not be able to take 2 cookies out of the box and put the box back in the pantry. Or, I could, but in 3 minutes I would be taking 2 more cookies out of the box. And then 2 more. I admire your will power. Best for me not to keep cookies. :blush:
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    I have to say whats worse than the horde of girl scouts trying to get you to buy their cookies is in the spring when it becomes "Car Wash" Season....you can't drive through town without a million children yelling at your car about needing a car wash. I can't stand that. I just throw money at them out the window.

edit to add...to keep this on track I should keep the girl scout cookies my huge butt cant afford to eat and throw the boxes at them instead of money. That could work. They probably get hungry washing all those cars. Win win.

I have to run 2 car washes this summer :'( I am not looking forward to it

I hear a lot of hilarious high jinks happen at the car wash.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdAHJeW54ckHYmnMT_F1bNoBbeYhfeR0k9e1eewYXkmjtz5fv8
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Meh. Once I found out that Keebler produces them year-round, they lost their magical appeal to me.
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I think they're a big deal bc we only get them once a year.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I ate way to many Samoas and Smores Saturday, I blame @_dixiana_
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    andrea4736 wrote: »
    Meh. Once I found out that Keebler produces them year-round, they lost their magical appeal to me.

Keebler doesn't make them. I'm guessing you mean you found a knock off.
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I bought a box just to have the opportunity to hit on the girl scouts' mom.

Yep, this happens. We're aware of your tactics. ;)