Trail Running

Options
OldAssDude
OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
I tried trail running this past weekend, and it was AWESOME!!!

The trails, the mud, the rocks, the roots, the hills up & down. I even hit my max heart rate at one point and was in zone 5 for over 50 minutes total.

Here is the workout...

movescount.com/moves/move144277527

And I went back the next day and walked the same route so I could take some pictures...

s9ro9slx2lvx.jpg
kljcc43d5d9d.jpg
hycg4031nr1w.jpg
9203p78ahjzw.jpg
t1jc8awg2eyd.jpg
mvhirpbfqi5u.jpg
qn6z65hrzd59.jpg
n1r6cb1zn4t0.jpg
s1tmoeson2q0.jpg
dspogfiuckcl.jpg

Great cardio, and fun as all hell.

Replies

• gdsmit1
    gdsmit1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sweet. I plan on doing some trail running in the Spring. Looks like a lot of fun.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Next you'll have to sign up for some trail races!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    oh wow. I so want to run that trail!!!

welcome to a fabulous world. My entire reason for taking up running was so that i could leap with confidence over tree roots like that. I love getting out walking, and doing the same routes at speed is DEFINITELY a buzz. hell on the legs but with the sort of aches that tell you your legs are getting STRONGER!!!

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    That is beautiful, very like the nature reserve I run in.

Nothing like it, awesome :)
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    That looks like a really nice trail to run. You will never want to run on the roads ever again :)
  • EauRouge1
    EauRouge1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I love trail running. I run with my dog (canicross) so we stick to trails instead of road running which would be bad for her joints. It's way more fun and it's improved my agility a lot as well- this morning we had a great time jumping fallen trees. We're doing a trail 10k a week on Sunday, really looking forward to it.
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Awe man! That looks so awesome! I'm a huge chicken and terrified of encountering deadly wildlife!