What do you do while working out?

Options
I am not a hard core excerciser. I like to do the treadmill, bike, etc. For a long time, I did what other people do and I listened to music while walking/running, etc. But I found I got really bored, really fast and I would watch the clock. I am too visual. I need something to look at. My gym doesn't have tv's on the equipment themselves so I figured out that time would pass very quickly and I woud stay motivated if I watch Netflix on my phone. lol. I have a friend who called me weird.
Is this weird? I think it's smart of me. Not everyone is into music, I like music don't get me wrong, but TV is where it is at for me.

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I listen to podcasts and audiobooks while doing cardio. "Theater for the mind," if you will.
  • kellysmith410
    kellysmith410 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    When I was doing long 45 minute periods on the elliptical I used to watch episodes of Parks & Rec and the time went by so quickly, so I hear you
  • kellysmith410
    kellysmith410 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    When I was doing long 45 minute periods on the elliptical I used to watch episodes of Parks & Rec and the time went by so quickly, so I hear you

Not sure why that cut off - what I meant to say is now I lift so am never bored. Do whatever works for you! But I would also suggest trying something else exercise wise that excites you
  • Bluwaves1
    Bluwaves1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My gym has one TV, so usually when I go there I watch "the chew" which is about making food, LOL. I also listen to music and get into a rhythm and just think. It is great if you get lost in thought and 60 minutes go by.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I watch motivational videos on YouTube.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    When I'm lifting it takes all my concentration to keep track of what I am doing.
    When I am walking I am usually inspecting gardens for plants I don't have.
    If I am training for walking a 10km I play pace music (BPM) Pretty crappy but keeps my pace up.

Yoga- I'd get thrown out if I tried to do anything but yoga :)

@CafeRacer808 could you point me in the right direction for audio books please. I think I might like listening to a story line on my walks through the neighbourhood.

Cheers, h.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    What do you do while working out?

I try to pay attention to where I'm going.

My workouts usually involve going somewhere outside.

• MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bluwaves1 wrote: »
    My gym has one TV, so usually when I go there I watch "the chew" which is about making food, LOL.

oh man that's cruel! lol :smile:

• 5n00py
    5n00py Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person who "just gets into it"? I basically meditate and just focus on my inner self. My tracker taps me on the wrist when I've got to the time or burn that I'd set....
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    cgvet37 wrote: »
    I watch motivational videos on YouTube.

I've got to start doing that!! I LOVE Ted Talk! :smile: