• pieceofvegancake
    pieceofvegancake Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do
    40 star jumps
    30 squats
    20 sit ups
    10 push ups
    Then I repeat. The aim is to do what you can in 20 mins though I can reach 10mins before my legs say no but it's getting easier .
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I do treadmill pretty much every day but half the time I do a quick 10-15 warm-up on it and then switch over to a workout dvd or some weights.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Winter time, so no road cycling yet...

Monday: 5-6 mile run then tango
    Tuesday: strength training at gym then swing
    Wednesday: short run (3-4 miles) then salsa or tango
    Thursday: strength training at gym (usually no dancing)
    Friday: short run (3-4 miles) then dancing (varies- most often swing or ballroom followed by salsa)
    Saturday: hike and/or strength training, then dancing (varies - frequently swing or tango)
    Sunday: long run (8-10 miles)/maybe a hike/trail run, then dancing later most weeks (most often tango).
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    You have to find something that makes you super happy and keep changing up your routine, try new things, try everything!

For me, I do Muay Thai and MMA / Boxing. I lift (heavy), dance, sculpt, cross-fit, run, spin on occasion, tabata, elliptical.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I run on the treadmill 5-6 days a week. Just finished C25K and adding some distance. I plan to try to run outside but the weather is just not being friendly this year.

I do a beginner workout 2-3 times a week. I'm really not into it but want to do what I can to preserve my lean body mass while losing weight. I should do more or at least a more intense workout, but it really doesn't interest me.

I do everything in my basement.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Walking is great.

I was sedentary for a couple of years and put on weight. I built up to walking an hour on the treadmill 5 days a week. I did that for about 3 months and lost about 8 pounds from that alone (no deliberate change to my calories).

Now I'm doing my easier workout dvds and hope to progress to the tougher ones within a few months.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    As a mom you are probably doing more training than you think by swing around children, laundry baskets and grocery bags. If you are like me you have some extra laundry detergent sitting by the washer. They are great weights to do some strength training.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I walk and do body weight exercises. That's it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    I have a treadmill at home and plan to walk every other day but that's it. I don't "work out" as in the way most people mean when they say they workout. I could never motivate myself in that area and would give up in the past so I stick to my treadmill. I keep it simple. Anyone else like that?

What do you mean "work out"?

I ride my bike 4-5 days per week and lift weights 2-3 times per week...I consider my rides to be "working out". "Working out" doesn't mean droning away on cardio equipment or doing group classes or jumping around your living room to a DVD...none of those things would do anything for me.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Most of my exercise is not "exercise" for just the sake of exercising. Only in the colder months do I do that. I consider it a chore.

When I can get outside I get plenty of exercise through daily activities, both work (splitting firewood, gardening, yard work, etc.) and play (hiking, basketball, playing with my grandkids, riding my bike, etc.)
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    I do what ever horrors my coach has thought up..
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Most of my activity is just walking because higher intensity makes me hungry, but I do run 2-3 times a week because I like what it does for my mental health and I enjoy it. Every few months I would also go hiking, but that's about it.

ETA: I also do a few minutes of body weight exercise a day. I don't really enjoy strength training so I only do the bare minimum, but I have made pretty nice progress. Very slowly, but a world of difference from where I was a few years ago. I only do 5 minutes a day of that, and that's it.
  • WyattsMomKimberly
    WyattsMomKimberly Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Zumba is my go too. I do it at home and I rely on my fitbit for my calorie count because it figures it the lowest. I do that at least 4 but sometimes 6 times a week. I also walk on top of that when weather permits. Being in the Ohio makes the winter months rough to get outside.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I run on the treadmill or outside a few times a week, just 30-45 minutes.
    I walk 10K steps. I bike to work.
    I do power yoga 2-3 times a week and Pilates twice a week.

I guess with these threads, it would be helpful if we said for how long we've been doing stuff.

I've been running for about 6 years.
    cycling and walking 10K+ for about 10 years.
    While I lifted for 20+ years...
    I've been doing Pilates for 5+ years
    Yoga for about 2 years now.

(been at maintenance for about 15 years)

What we "do" really does deserve some temporal context.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Alternating between weights and Insanity Max 30
  • tgcake
    tgcake Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I walk for 40 minutes, 5 times a week. My pace ranges from slow to moderate (2.8mph based on my phone app).
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Most of my exercise now is running, but I also play roller derby and do that a couple of days a week. I run on the treadmill but also lately trying outside. I also have a stationary bike, and some mats and weights, bands, a kettle bell for strength and do bodyweight stuff infrequently. Once in a while me and some friends will hit up a skate park which is super fun. I'm a bit tentative there as I'm turning 40 soon and don't bounce like I used to, but I can work up a sweat.
  • merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I pick things up and put them down. Repeatedly.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,940 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Lots of walking, stair climbing on real stairs, and cycling. :)

Plus a bit of hiking, canoeing, and weightlifting.

With how long we've been doing this stuff in mind ... :)

I've been cycling since I was about 6 years old ... roughly 44 years. I kind of eased off a bit in my late teens, but picked it up again when I was 23 ... 27 years ago.

I've been walking and hiking since I could walk. My grandfather was a mountain climber and my family spent quite a bit of time in the mountains hiking up trails. We also walked a lot just generally.

I started weightlifting in my early 20s ... trained with an amateur bodybuilder for a couple years. I've been weightlifting on and off since then.

The stairs were always difficult for me, even when I was in great shape with my cycling. So in late 2014, I was working on the 5th story of an office building, so I started climbing to work in the mornings ... and then at lunch ... and then more often, and very gradually, I built up to doing about 25 flights a day. I've been doing that for a little over 2 years now.

And I've dabbled in canoeing a bit in my teens, and then my husband and I got a canoe in 2009. Unfortunately we haven't used it much in the last couple years.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    TONS of walking (5-15 miles a day, Or 10-30k steps) And i climb stairs a few times a week purposely. Work is very active alot of lifting heavy furniture and squats. Iff i didnt get paid for working out i wouldnt either LOL