Options
Tshadee
Tshadee Posts: 16 Member
Lets talk

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Some boundaries around one's eating is good. I usually eat three meals per day, and usually within 6-8 hours - that's within the rules of "16:8" or "18:6". But I'm asleep for 8 of those 16 or 18 hours, so there's no big deal, nothing special about it. Not eating all the time is not a fad; "intermittent fasting" is a faddy name for "don't eat all the time". The principle "I eat anything I want, but not everything at once, and not all the time", makes it easier for me to stick to an appropriate calorie intake. It feels great, but there's no magic.
  • Tshadee
    Tshadee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Theres one thing I dont understand... I eat at 12pm I skip breakfast and I have a little dinner at 6. My BMI says 1200 calories. Because I cut out breakfast, is it not much to eat 1200 in only 2 meals?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Tshadee wrote: »
    Theres one thing I dont understand... I eat at 12pm I skip breakfast and I have a little dinner at 6. My BMI says 1200 calories. Because I cut out breakfast, is it not much to eat 1200 in only 2 meals?

Your BMI is your weight divided by your height squared.

You should eat an appropriate amount of calories based on your TDEE and how much weight you need to lose.

How to spread out your intake, is up to you. It's a good idea to make this as easy for yourself as possible.

You have to log your intake correctly to be certain that you're eating the appropriate amount.
  • uninc57
    uninc57 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    All that really matters for weight loss is calories in versus calories out. Some days I eat a little many times, others I eat once. Depends on what works for you. Just make sure to stay around your goal calories.

I will say that since I've started eating breakfast more often I feel better throughout the day.