Have u ever noticed that every diet industry product is a complete and total scam?

Options
2»

Replies

• howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    pfgaytriot wrote: »
    If it ain't easy, most people don't actually want to know.

Yep, this. People have asked me and I can literally see them start to get disappointed when I say watch what I eat. Of course, there are others who think that because I'm not a size 2, I mustn't work out hard enough. I attend the same crossfit style workouts as my much smaller cousin (for better than 2 years now). My sister complimented my cousin on her figure. My aunt said "she works really hard for it". WTF? And I don't work really hard? I've always been bigger, she's always been tiny. Genetics. I do what I can, but genetics do tell as well.
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    People in my office think its great that she's lost 65 pounds and she's so disciplined. Here I am over here going to the gym 5-6 days a week, walking past the goodies on the kitchen table (it's Mardis Gras today, you should SEE the goodies), but they say nothing about my discipline (please note: I do NOT do this for their approval. I do it because I love it and the gym is my happy place. I could care less what they think. I'm just drawing a parallel)

Similar situation. Anyone else in my office loses weight on some insane scheme that allows them to eat whatever they want and that person gets congratulated.

Meanwhile, I tend to have specific training goals with specific diet needs. I'm usually successful with my goals and I get treated like an outcast because I didn't have cake on any given day my coworkers bring it in.

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    "ever notice?" hell, noticing it is how i ended up here.
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    Great next Ur gonna tell me alcohol can do damage to ur liver or something....Not rue ,they sell it in stores so that means it's perfectly fine Duhhhhhhh
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing radio ad for a tummy flattening product. A woman says, "what can I do it's working too much!" Male voice comes on and says "No problem, just take half the suggested amount."

If it's too good to be true, then it's NOT true.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    By the way...
    I'm selling a case of ground up cow patties in capsule form really cheap.
    It will cure your crows feet, your joint pain, your cortisol levels and belly fat. Your thinning hair, even your skin tone, removes toxins from the bottom of your feet, help you to sleep, help you to stay awake, mental clarity, help with your allergies, your cellulite, increase libido, penis size, breast size, night vision, see and hear through walls, and super human strenght. Humm what else?
    Oh bye the way, thanks for making me a millionaire. :D
  • mgutierrez3h0
    mgutierrez3h0 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well I like phentermine. I take half the pill to avoid the jitters and fast heartbeat. Half thr pill still suppresses my appetite. I've lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks without exercising. So I'm happy. Once I get rid of the 30 more lbs of baby weight I'll be even more ecstatic. :D
  • DEBOO7
    DEBOO7 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Pills, shakes, bars, packaged 'diet meals'... all of it... totally and utterly not necessary to be healthy and lose weight.
    Simple equation... don't eat more calories than you burn = weight loss. The determining fact on how much weight is lost is the gap between what is consumed and what is burnt.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Wait, wait, wait. You mean my Testosterone booster, my green coffee bean extract, my Garcinia Cambogia, AND Dr. Oz are scams??? I don't believe it, they have internet pictures proving they work!!!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    87470.png