17 lbs in 5 weeks

Options
ksmommy5
ksmommy5 Posts: 142 Member
I am so excited at this mini victory! Basically consistently losing 3 lbs a week. I know this will eventually decrease as I get closer to my goal. Sw 245 cw 228 gw 170. I am hoping to reach my goal weight by September. How realistic is this? Is it possible to lose 17 lbs every 5 weeks consecutively? That would put me at my goal in the next 3 months. (That is the goal I set for myself: my goal will be reassessed once I reach it). Just wondering when I should expect lower number losses as to not get discouraged.

Thanks!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! Keep going!
  • chief3202
    chief3202 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, that is excellent!! I am in the same boat as you. I was 303 and lost 19 within 3 weeks. I am on a 1200 calorie diet, and I have been walking 5 miles, 6 days a week. I will be increasing my calories next week when I am done with the 30 days of 1200. What is the calories range you are using? The last time I was on MFP, I ran into a plateau within 60 day. (30lbs loss) Congrats and nice job!! You should be proud because it is hard to stay focused when dieting.

• ksmommy5
    ksmommy5 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    chief3202 wrote: »
    Hi, that is excellent!! I am in the same boat as you. I was 303 and lost 19 within 3 weeks. I am on a 1200 calorie diet, and I have been walking 5 miles, 6 days a week. I will be increasing my calories next week when I am done with the 30 days of 1200. What is the calories range you are using? The last time I was on MFP, I ran into a plateau within 60 day. (30lbs loss) Congrats and nice job!! You should be proud because it is hard to stay focused when dieting.

I am at 1.5 lb per week....1500 calories. Eat back 50% exercise IF I'm hungry. Usually under by about 300 daily for discrepancies in logging even though I weigh everything. (Giving myself about 4k calories under goal for the week on top of the deficit mfp set which would explain the 3 lb loss a week) My exercise is minimal. Weight 3x a week. Active rest day is 8k steps and weekends is barely 3k cause I like my lazy days lol. I know this will plateau I just am curious when I should expect it to happen.
  • heatherjolly92
    heatherjolly92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    ksmommy5 wrote: »
    I am so excited at this mini victory! Basically consistently losing 3 lbs a week. I know this will eventually decrease as I get closer to my goal. Sw 245 cw 228 gw 170. I am hoping to reach my goal weight by September. How realistic is this? Is it possible to lose 17 lbs every 5 weeks consecutively? That would put me at my goal in the next 3 months. (That is the goal I set for myself: my goal will be reassessed once I reach it). Just wondering when I should expect lower number losses as to not get discouraged.

Thanks!

Congrats that is awesome hopefully you keep going!!!!!!
  • alexp44
    alexp44 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I've done similar at nearly 17lbs in 6 weeks although a big drop happened at the start and then I've been plodding along between 2lbs and 1.5lbs a week. I started off within a few lbs of your start weight and I'm hoping to hit 200lbs by summer.
    I've done mfp before when I had a very active job and dropped to 165 in about 7 months from around 220lbs but I put that back on. I think it was just too much too fast. This time I'm taking a slower approach (and I'm less active now I'm a student)
    Have you considered getting an app like happy scale to see your average weight drop? It gives a predicted timescale to hit targets.
    Last time I never had a plateau but and as I was so active I lost eating over 2000 calories the whole way through. This time I'm nearer 1500 to loose 2lbs a week. Don't drop your calories down too quick and stick at 1200 if you have lots to loose or you'll have nowhere to go as your weight drops and you'll notice it's much harder to loose and you'll be miserable. Enjoy the calories whilst you can.
    Good luck
  • NalaBellyFIT
    NalaBellyFIT Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! I dropped almost exactly the same in my first five weeks (I started at 196 in January), and since then, it has slowed to more like 1-2 a week, and I suspect it will only get slower. Whether you slow down soon or not, just remember that some weight loss is better than none, and don't abandon your awesome new healthy habits that have given you so much success so far. Keep it up!
  • mswag84
    mswag84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Everyone is so different....if you keep your calories to low you will look at a huge rebound eventually when you hit your goals and up your calories......I would expect it for about 2 months. I once lost 50 lbs in 2 months but then it really dropped off after that...my only advice is to focus on that lifestyle change everyone talks about. My first round it was all about weight loss and it worked to the tune of 90 lbs but soon as I slowed I went back to my old ways and gained 30 back in 3 months. It truly is a way of life
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!