Coffee creamer!!!!

Options
232good
232good Posts: 92 Member
Help! I need healthy coffee creamer alternatives or at least creamer that doesn't have a zillion calories, or toons of fake sugar. Thoughts? Thank you!

Replies

• Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    There used to be a sugar free fat free creamer from International Delight. I can not find it anymore. This is a hard one! I have tried everything! I now mostly use those flavored drops. But they are not the same at all. I love creamer! So I will be watching this..to see what you find! Thanks for posting.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    There are lots of yummy options for pretty low calories.

So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer - plain, hazelnut or french vanilla. 25 calories per Tbsp.
    Silk Almond Milk Creamer - plain, vanilla or caramel. 15 calories per Tbsp.
    Coffee Mate Natural Bliss - lots of flavors at about 30 calories per Tbsp. Nothing fake only milk, cream & a little sugar.

Mostly I switch between the coconut milk and the almond milk creamers. My current favorite is the Silk Almond Milk creamer. Since I only drink 1 or 2 cups of coffee a day, that's a pretty low calories for some serious coffee enjoyment. <3
  • 232good
    Options
    I don't like the taste of just black :) I like flavor! And I don't really plan on changing that
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    We don't have creamer here in Australia. Our choices are milk or black. Why not try normal full cream milk, not the watery skim stuff.
  • 232good
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    There are lots of yummy options for pretty low calories.

So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer - plain, hazelnut or french vanilla. 25 calories per Tbsp.
    Silk Almond Milk Creamer - plain, vanilla or caramel. 15 calories per Tbsp.
    Coffee Mate Natural Bliss - lots of flavors at about 30 calories per Tbsp. Nothing fake only milk, cream & a little sugar.

Mostly I switch between the coconut milk and the almond milk creamers. My current favorite is the Silk Almond Milk creamer. Since I only drink 1 or 2 cups of coffee a day, that's a pretty low calories for some serious coffee enjoyment. <3

Thanks! Where do you usually find the natural bliss??
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Going to keep my eye on this for new ideas... ;) Maybe I'll look for some of those almond/coconut milk types to try.

I currently use International Delight creamer - which is 35 cals per tbsp and I take two, so I only have one cup of coffee per day! I used to have milk in it, but now my hubby buys cheap coffee which I hate the taste of with milk so I need something with flavour... ;)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

This is what I use. Our currently I am actually using unsweetened vanilla almond cashew milk. It's s little thicker than just almond milk.
  • Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've used lightly sweetened almond milk. It's not Irish Cream, but it's something.
  • jbrown2339
    jbrown2339 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use mini moos. They are little packages of ultra pasteurized cream
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Before I switched to black coffee, I was using cashew milk. Similar to almond milk but without the nutty flavor.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Another vote for drink it black. I used to hate it but now it's a staple.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say the sugar free suggestions will probably all have "fake sugar" but that's nothing to worry about. It's perfectly safe and if you like the taste then use them.

I'm a Brit, no creamers here either. Milk for me. Though I have a coffee machine that has creamer pods, just plain not flavoured and they are creamier than milk and about the same calories. Though I appreciate that's not helpful.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I add cinnamon to my coffee grounds before brewing. That's delicious. Otherwise, just milk. I got off the sugar at my dentist's advice a decade or so ago. You either have real sugar or fake sugar if you want sweetness...
  • Brodystar
    Brodystar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I, personally, like my cream and sugar with a drop of coffee. I worked at starbucks for YEARS! The best way to have your coffee with out the junk is a spice or 2...i.e. nutmeg, pumpkin spice (Brand mccormick), cinnamon, vanilla powder and whole milk or dairy substitute. play around with the amounts until you find whats right.. there is also a creamer called "Walden Farms Calorie Free Coffee Creamer" it is Sugar, calorie, carb, gluten and fat free, however it is sweetened with Splenda. <3 happy tasting!
  • 232good
    Options
    jbrown2339 wrote: »
    I use mini moos. They are little packages of ultra pasteurized cream

Where do you find these??
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    There are any number of nut milk based coffee creamers out there, but they all use guar, carrageenan, or other gums to thicken them, to get that 'creamy' texture. Regular cream is only 50 calories a tbsp, and I find a single tbsp is just right in a 16 oz. mug. I think I'm OK with 50 calories for a 16 oz. beverage that isn't plain water. (OK maybe 2 or 3 added calories for the coffee!)

Note: I am doing Whole30 for the month of March, so I will be drinking it black for now.
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I LOVE the Almond Breeze Caramel flavored creamer. (edited cause I can't spell today)
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Carol_ wrote: »
    There used to be a sugar free fat free creamer from International Delight. I can not find it anymore. This is a hard one! I have tried everything! I now mostly use those flavored drops. But they are not the same at all. I love creamer! So I will be watching this..to see what you find! Thanks for posting.

I have tried the sugar free creamers and they taste like crap. I just use the regular ones and keep it to 1 TB.