Weight gain?

Options
Before Christmas I was 155 - I did splurge a little and let myself go over the week of Christmas and New Years. But right after the New Year I was back on track with my diet and exercise. I have been doing either yoga/barre classes 3 days a week and Cardio about 2 days a week. I have been back up to 159 since after Christmas and have not seen a change in the scale since. I haven't changed my diet since before Christmas I like to stick with the same stuff so I am back on track like I always have been. What could be causing the lack of weight loss for 2 months? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Are you counting calories and logging everything on here as accurately as possible (i.e. using a food scale)?
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. I have the same problem. Went down to 159 around the end of December and now back to 163 and can't seem to get below 161. For me I have had an infection and also had my doc removed some of my meds (one being a water pill). Be patient. There are a bunch of people here who will be willing to look at your food diary if you make it public. They are much better than I am at that sort of thing but just wanted you to know you aren't the only one this happens to. I have 25 more pounds to lose at least so I know it should be slow but the weekly up one pound down one pound thing is getting old fast. Hang in there and I hope it drops soon.
  • mcgeevercaitlin
    mcgeevercaitlin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes I log and use a food scale for almost everything!
  • mcgeevercaitlin
    mcgeevercaitlin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Also my goal is 150 - so maybe it has something to do with the last 10 pounds... UGH!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Yes I log and use a food scale for almost everything!

What does "almost everything" mean? You're in the last 10 pounds. You're going to have to be super consistent.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    unfortunately when we're close to goal we have to be extra vigilent, tighten the logging and those final pounds will go albeit slowly.
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Have you changed your goal to reflect the new you. I readjust my calorie goal for every 7lb I lose (Half a stone for us Brits)