What are your secret sauces and spices?

Options

Replies

• CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I love McCormick Maple Bacon on bacon wrapped chicken.
    It's soo good! Add a splash of maple syrup while grilling and it's fantastic.

I've never seen the sriracha black pepper, I wonder if it's available in Canada!

Love the McCormick Italiano seasoning as well.
    Another fave is the McCormick Vegetable seasoning- No salt added.
  • fitRTs
    fitRTs Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great question!

I've been using a lot of pepper or garlic pepper lately, and i put red pepper on EVERYTHING.

I LOVE Chipotle's Hot Tomatillo Red Chili Salsa - I always get extra if I can and then dip my raw veggies in it. I'm constantly looking for a similar smooth store-bought version, so if anyone knows anything let me know!
  • dkomadin
    dkomadin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cayenne pepper, curry powder, pumpkin spice, white pepper, hot sauce, himalayan salt, sugar free toranI syrups in coffee.
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    A great combination for beans, split peas, or lentils: garlic + allspice + rosemary + salt and pepper.
  • maytehsp0rksbewithy0u
    Options
    I have an unhealthy level of obsession with McCormick Montreal spicy steak seasoning.

Also I love marinating chicken, shrimp, or pepper strips in Kraft Zesty lime vinaigrette.
  • Staceygram
    Staceygram Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Spice Islands Hickory Smoked Salt on anything beef or pork.
    Zhenders chicken spice on all chicken
    Herbs from my garden (chives, oregano, basil, thyme, garlic chives, garlic, rosemary) in just about everything. Fresh in season but I freeze them for use over the winter.
    Auntie Arwens Ultimate Garlic seasoning and Applewood Smoked salt for roasts.
    Light Zesty Italian dressing for potatoes.
  • Treehugger_88
    Treehugger_88 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ta Dang chili paste is amazing with rice and veg dishes.
    za'atar is a nice mix to add to Moroccan curries or to roasted veggies.
    For Indian curries I make my own mix of spices - curry powder, turmeric, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic, ginger.
    Sriracha makes everything taste better.
  • Candy0928
    Candy0928 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Nature's Kitchen Fresh Salsa.

I purchase the 32oz container from BJ's for ~$6. We use it on everything from eggs to ground turkey wraps to baked potato.

Ingredients
    Tomato, Onions, Green Pepper, Cucumber, Red Pepper, Chili Peppers, Cilantro, Tomato Juice, Lime Juice, Salt, Garlic.

wkvd30dbmvje.png
    lvmfnq6ssytj.jpg

• lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Cholula hot sauces...all of them.

I also use so many different spices from Penzeys. My favorites are fajita, chili powder, forward, cumin, mural of flavor and fox point.

I also use Za'atar frequently. It's pretty much the only spice I use that isn't from Penzeys as I don't care theirs.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Kimchi - just a couple of tablespoons really zings up virtually anything from eggs to steak. You can puree it and add it to soups or use it as a sauce.
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    McCormick's Caribbean Jerk Seasoning is one of my go to seasonings for chicken. Be careful to not breathe in the fumes as you cook, it's killer on the lungs!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    whiskey!
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Horseradish with a bit of light sour cream. Makes any steak a treat! I also love the Moroccan seasoning (spice aisle), and Japanese 7 spice (spice aisle). I make salad dressing with good quality balsamic vinegar, a little stevia, and some ginger and garlic paste. I make pad thai with shiritaki noodles (the 15 calorie/high fiber noodles in the veggie cold case) and use some of the powdered PB2 peanut butter to make a super low-cal/no sugar peanut sauce.
  • invictus_l
    invictus_l Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    can of hatch hot green chili's... makes any protein AMAZING
    and of course mrs. dash and pink himalayan salt never fail me
  • mrschwarten
    mrschwarten Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've been really into making what I call "Lynn's Special Sauce" (after the lady who taught me!), which I love on my Asian foods:

A smidge of Sesame Oil, and Light (or low sodium, or whatever) Soy Sauce!

Super basic, but so good! Not measured, just mixed until it tastes right. When I'm feeling super fancy :p I'll mix in garlic salt, onion powder, black pepper, maybe even ground ginger. I think I'll have my homemade chinese food for dinner tonight!
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Frank's hot sauce - eggs, soup
    Old Bay, Prudhomme Poultry magic - stir fry, deviled eggs, roasting poultry.
    dijon mustard/honey dijon mustard/spicy brown mustard - hard boiled eggs
    chili flakes - stir fry
    garlic, onions - stir fry, soup,... (I always have a baggie of chopped onions int he freezer, and buy the large jars of garlic paste and minced garlic).
    Balsamic glaze - hard boiled eggs, stir fry, salad, veggies
    tamari, vinegar - stir fry
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Balsamic vinegar!!! The really good, aged stuff that is deep, dark and viscous. From salads (combined with EVOO and a bit of dijon to emulsify) to deglazing reductions over meat or roasted veg, it is simply amazing.

Conveniently, one of the main grocery chains in my area sells an already reduced, thickened balsamic glaze in a squeeze bottle. I love that stuff.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Louisiana Hot Sauce and Mrs. Dash Spicy Jalapeno Seasoning. Seriously, I put that Mrs. Dash on EVERYTHING!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Never heard of the Wasabi Furikake, will give that a try.

For me, I like:
    - Garlic Salt
    - Pico de Gallo
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    fidycixer wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I'm an avid cook and have a whole cabinet full of spices...no way I could list them all.

Anything in particular you go to? Or a certain brand you recommend? I use a little bit of Penzy and some Wild Tree spices, but will pick up just about anything off the shelf.

Other than S&P, not really...it just depends on what I'm making and what region of the world for flavor I'm looking for.