What do you say to yourself?

Options

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I never try to "eat right" anymore. I eat what I need when I want it. I also don't exercise, but I move daily.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Iv set my phone PIN number as my current weight and update it once a week so every time I use it I see how I'm doing both good and bad!

Nice idea!
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I give myself benchmarks--just another mile if I'm running, just make it to 30 minutes on the tread/elliptical, and obviously if I am in a class, I have that imagined peer pressure ("why is SHE leaving early") so it's not an issue then...one reason why I love classes like CycleBar and OTF!

For food I try to plan out splurges...if I know I'm going out to dinner on Friday night, that keeps me in check the rest of the week.
  • Giuliaborg
    Giuliaborg Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When I am swimming or running and I want to stop I usually say to myself "Come on Giulia, you'll never be able to get the scholarship/finish your project/do something else related to my job or life if you can't even complete the training you planned". I might sound a bit harsh, but I find it very motivating for the other stuff I am doing outside the diet too! Is like "if I can finish my run for sure I can also solve the coding problem in my project"!
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    "This is the part where I'm getting stronger." (for mid workout, when I really want to stop)
    "I don't have to want to, I just have to do it." (to get my butt off the couch)

Self talk does matter, and improving it has improved my success.
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It's not a 'should do' - it's a 'MUST DO'
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    "There is no can't, there is only won't"

(I like to emphasize to myself that I always have a choice - what to eat, how much to eat, and the same goes for exercise. When I say "I won't eat that" it makes me feel strong, compared to the feeling of missing out if I say "I can't eat that".)
  • Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I make healthy choices I have respect for myself,
    I'm the only one in control of my eating habits I can Always resist something if I choose to,

I listen to Music to uplift my mood and I'll even look on IG #weightloss to get inspired and back in focused and know it's a Journey always be patient with yourself and enjoy it.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I don't have it memorized by Michael Jackson's "Man In The Mirror" seems to apply.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It's okay to talk to yourself, as long as you don't respond.

It's even ok to respond and dialogue with yourself, as long as you don't bite your own head off.
  • missmagnoliablossom
    missmagnoliablossom Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I mentally compare lazy vs. accomplished. "Ok, so right now you feel slothful, guilty, bored and anxious. On the other hand, if you were to stop being a lazybetch and go workout, you'll feel accomplished and like a BADASS MOTHAFUCKA. GET UP OFF THIS COUCH."

Boom.

Most of the time, boom.

(but sometimes not, sometimes laziness wins)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »
    "This is the part where I'm getting stronger." (for mid workout, when I really want to stop)
    "I don't have to want to, I just have to do it." (to get my butt off the couch)

Self talk does matter, and improving it has improved my success.

Yes! Glue it inside your eyelids!
  • frixtine77
    frixtine77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    "never let them get you down"

I also follow Ashley Graham on instagram and remember that I'm beautiful just as I am and can only get better.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    It's okay to talk to yourself, as long as you don't respond.

It's even ok to respond and dialogue with yourself, as long as you don't bite your own head off.

What if you constantly lose the argument????

Anyway, not the motivational quote type. As a matter of fact, I read Motifake quite often. I know the 10-12 minute mark of my run is when I want to stop and just keep going. By the 35 minute mark, I know I need to stop even though I want to go further.

• newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I think about Rasputia from Norbitt and how I used to look like her.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Nothing. I'm not much for motivational stuff. It's often just a simple "do the damn thing" and if I fail to do something for whatever reason, it's "do the damn thing next time". Motivation is overrated for me, personally. I can't rely on something so unreliable and fleeting that I need to put more mental effort into keeping it up than the thing itself that I'm trying to motivate myself for.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Nothing really...

Im an adult, I made a decision i wanted something, I do it.

Motivtional stuff doesnt really suit me much, Gotta find the drive in myself to do half the things i do, Not really sure any outside cutesy words would ever help.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    also @Look_Its_Kriss and @Tacklewasher im seeing why i like you two now from some of the posts on here XD
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I tell myself....

What are you going to do with the twenty-four hours in this day? When you hear yourself or other people say you can't, use this day to prove you can.

the-only-disability-in-life-is-a-bad-attitude-1.png
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    I employ the cognitive behavioral techniques I learned to stop abusing alcohol from Smart Recovery or Rational Recovery. I'm alert for Sabotaging Thoughts and acknowledge and counter them.

Sabotaging Thought: "Don't really want to walk today - looks like rain."
    Counter: "That's a Sabotaging Thought. It's not raining yet. Put on proper gear and get out there."