EGGS: Boiled (high protein/low carb choices)

Options
Sassypattysassypatty
Sassypattysassypatty Posts: 10 Member
edited March 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Seeking low carb, non-meat high protein sources. If I introduce boiled eggs into my diet, how many could I eat a week? I know there have been tons of studies.. I want to make the best choices.. thank you in advance for any responses.

Replies

• kylecpatterson
    kylecpatterson Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Going low carb without eating meat. Lol. Eggs and dairy are your only option. Helpful tip, slow cook the eggs in a crock pot to avoid sulphur deposit reactions between the yolk and egg white. It will prevent any bloat or gas.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Seeking low carb, non-meat high protein sources. If I introduce boiled eggs into my diet, how many could I eat a week? I know there have been tons of studies.. I want to make the best choices.. thank you in advance for any responses.

Low carb and not eating meat is going to be a pretty tall order...

At anyway, eggs, tofu, seitan, fake meat substitutes, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, etc are probably your best bets.
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I bought a egg cooker for about $19. Cooks 6 eggs at a time. I eat 2 hard boiled eggs every day.
  • kzooyogi
    kzooyogi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Tofu, tempeh, and seitan are all great non-meat, high protein options!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    clh72569 wrote: »
    I bought a egg cooker for about $19. Cooks 6 eggs at a time. I eat 2 hard boiled eggs every day.

you know you can do "hard boiled" in the oven right?

I eat 3-4 dozen a week.

a few eggs a week won't kill you.
  • Sassypattysassypatty
    Sassypattysassypatty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks gang! I am trying to avoid soy, processed foods while limiting dairy too lol! Vegan Raw was my temporary goal but this also isn't realistic, I am finding out. Ok, I know you are all rolling your eyes .. I am laughing at myself too.
    I might have to re-think lean protein sources. I guess I should google how to not overcook chicken as cooking meat isn't my norm).

Glad to see EGGS are ok daily.

Thank you again

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Thanks gang! I am trying to avoid soy, processed foods while limiting dairy too lol! Vegan Raw was my temporary goal but this also isn't realistic, I am finding out. Ok, I know you are all rolling your eyes .. I am laughing at myself too.
    I might have to re-think lean protein sources. I guess I should google how to not overcook chicken as cooking meat isn't my norm).

Thank you again

why so many restrictions? and eggs are definitely not vegan.

Outside of moral/ethical issues you have with eating meat- there is no good reason to go vegan. so why that goal?

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Thank you again

Vegan raw...low carb...no soy or processed foods...limiting dairy...no meat? Yeah...I don't think you're going to be able to swing all that. Much of this is in direct conflict from a dietary standpoint.

Also, raw vegan comes with the risk of lots of nutritional deficiencies among other things.
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I do low carb and could not imagine my diet with out all the eggs, cheese and meat ... more importantly, BACON ... allllll the fat and protein :)
  • kylecpatterson
    kylecpatterson Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do low carb and could not imagine my diet with out all the eggs, cheese and meat ... more importantly, BACON ... allllll the fat and protein :)

Mmmh
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Google "how not to overthink".