Sonne's Detoxification

Options
Has anyone tried Sonne's Detoxification? I just started both sonne's no. 7 detoxification and sonne's no. 9 intestinal cleanser on Saturday night. It tastes GROSS similar to eating paste as a kid and so far I'm assuming it is doing what it is supposed to be doing, yesterday morning it took a bit longer to "go" whereas this morning it was almost as soon as I woke. Urination though is nearly problematic, I went hiking yesterday and had to cop a squat 3 times...so nervewracking when hiking on busy trails. When I was in the gym yesterday evening I had to speed walk to the ladies room after my cardio on the bike to make it in time. This morning I almost wet myself as I was coming into work.

Is this normal when taking Sonne's Detox? I know my water intake has increased because of the fat burners I am taking but did anyone else experience this when doing the Detox?

What were your individual results, did you feel things were working quickly enough?

Does it get worse as far as feeling rushed to reach the restroom to move your bowels or to urinate?

Did you feel a difference when you completed the process?

I just want to know that everything I am doing is worth it in the long run. And I'm a little nervous about the descriptions on the box of the bathroom stuff. I don't ever want to feel that I won't make it.

Thanks so much, I know it is a nasty topic but I just want to know.

Replies

• JusPrettyMe
    JusPrettyMe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oh how I wish there were replies here :(
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Oh how I wish there were replies here :(

Here you go, then: Detoxes/cleanses are scams and there is no science supporting their use. Doing them is not only a complete and total waste of money, it can also be dangerous to your health. The only people who support them are quacks and people who sell them (and the latter are part of the former).

For further reading on the actual science of it all:

https://sciencebasedpharmacy.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/the-detox-delusion/

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    @JusPrettyMe. If you're thinking of trying this or have already started, RUN AWAY!
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I have to do a detox tomorrow, mines DR. ordered for a colonoscopy. Difference is mine has a purpose and hopefully won't be repeated for ten years.

Don't waste your time and money!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Mark oh how I love the prep for a colonoscopy. No way would I go through that just because. Be at one with your toilet and don't travel far from it.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I think the doctor gave my mom that crap for her colonoscopy. Then he told her the wrong directions for how to take it (he had her mixing it up at 2X the labeled potency). I certainly "cleaned her out", but it's definitely not a cleanse that I would recommend to someone. There's far better options on the market nowadays for people looking for cleanses, and you can easily make a DIY version of Sonne's by just using a combination of magnesium+psyllium+water, which is a ton cheaper than buying the cleanse itself.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I googled the product and the first page of responses had two posts asking if this would help you pass a drug test. She must be peeing like crazy!

What ever happened to the Peep Cleanse? That was my favorite.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm just impressed the OP would even consider going hiking when doing one of these ridiculous detoxes.... that does not seem advisable.
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you trying to detox?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I'm just impressed the OP would even consider going hiking when doing one of these ridiculous detoxes.... that does not seem advisable.

Well it's a necro post from 2012 so your advice is a little too late ;)
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I know it's a necro thread, but damn I really want to know if the OP continued with the detox after all those near misses with getting to the loo in time.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    My first take on the original post was that it had to be tongue in cheek. Then I looked at the post count and just sighed. Too bad she didn't get any responses, hopefully she found her own way out of that living hell :-0
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Fat burners and detoxes.. No sorry they're both *kitten*. Neither will do anything but reduce water weight and your hard earned money. If you want to lose fat, go on a deficit. If you want to ensure all of your organs are functioning properly. Get a blood test and maintain a healthy nutritionally sense diet. If your liver wasn't capable of detoxing you, you'd have jaundice and be going into liver failure, followed by death.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Well it's a necro post from 2012 so your advice is a little too late ;)

No I know... I was just commending her, if she's still around, for her bravery.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I have to do a detox tomorrow, mines DR. ordered for a colonoscopy. Difference is mine has a purpose and hopefully won't be repeated for ten years.

Don't waste your time and money!

Good luck. Had mine 2 weeks ago. I DID lose 5 lb. but regained 4 over the next 3 days so my net loss was my target 1 lb for the week.

If you haven't already, get yourself some flushable wipes with aloe and a pee pad for the bed is helpful just in case.

My prep wasn't as bad this time. They seem to have improved it a bit starting with dulcolax mid day, then dividing up the Miralax into 2 sessions.