Breakfast Ideas??

Options
percussion01
percussion01 Posts: 7 Member
Does anyone have some breakfast Ideas that are quick for on the go people? FYI no eggs please :p

Replies

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I do overnight oats.
    http://wholefully.com/2016/03/07/8-classic-overnight-oats-recipes-you-should-try/?m

I split into tupperware when I make it and eat it at work.
  • sarraheclark
    sarraheclark Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Im not an egg eater either:

-oatmeal
    -fruit smoothie with greek yogurt
    -wheat english muffin with sausage patty and cheese
    -PB and banana toast
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the overnight oats and you can adjust it anyway you want, as well as unsweetened yogurt with protein powder, chia seeds, and fruit. I put crunchy granola on top when I get to work. You can make your own healthy muffins during the weekend and have that first thing in the morning if you are in a rush and don't have time to break out a dish.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt with pb2, 1 pack of splenda and 15g of chocolate chips makes me super happy in the mornings.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with cheese (yes I know it sounds weird)
    1/2 cup quick cooking oats
    Microwaved in 3/4 cups of water
    When done melt in 2 slices of America cheese or 1 oz of cheddar and mix it in, season with salt and pepper to your taste

The cheddar oatmeal goes great with finely diced zucchini for some extra veggies
  • deonbfit
    deonbfit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    smoked salmon with light cream cheese on a slice of toast. have half an apple or some carrot sticks for your fruit/veggie serving
  • dennisTee
    dennisTee Posts: 20 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Caramelised apple slow cooker oatmeal

2 pounds sweet or tart apples (about 5 large or 9 small apples), chopped into 1-inch pieces - peeling is optional
    - I do 4 or 5 apples
    1/2 cup brown sugar, more or less to taste
    pinch of sea salt
    1 tablespoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground nutmeg
    juice from half a lemon (1-2 tablespoons)
    2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
    2 cups almond milk
    2 eggs (optional) I put the eggs in....
    1 1/2 cups water

All together overnight in the slow cooler on low.

Serves 6
    271 calories per
  • alyssag2011
    alyssag2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Im not a breakfast eater at all but I will toast a waffle spread pb and slice a banana and/or strawberries and put on top. Fast, easy and delicious!
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Grilled ham and cheese sammich.

Sara Lee bread - 2 slices - 90 cal
    4 oz. Old farmers Ham (Wal-Mart deli) - 120 cal
    Cheese of choice - about 80 cal
    I can't believe it's not butter zero cal spray butter...5 or 10 pumps per side - lets say 5 cal cuz I don't believe it's really zero

Yummy grilled ham and cheese sammich for about 300 cal.

BTW - it gets a delightful crust with the zero cal. spray butter.
  • SageParsons1991
    SageParsons1991 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Banana Protein Pancakes with Peanut Butter Syrup

1 overripe banana
    6 egg whites
    1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder

Smash banana w/ a fork. Stir in egg whites and protein powder. Heat skillet over medium heat. Once heated spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray then pour batter. Cook like any other pancake. Then for syrup, melt peanut butter in a sauce pan and drizzle over pancakes.

Serves three- two pancakes each. With two tablespoons of peanut butter "syrup" it is 420 calories per serving- very high in protein.
  • msmoretz92
    msmoretz92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a simple man myself, most days are just a couple whole fruits for me during the work week. Apples are filling, bananas are easy to take with, and clementines are great if you just want something small and quick
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats and green smoothies are my go-to breakfasts. For smoothies I get the greens and liquid in my nutribullet the night before and have small bags of frozen fruit combos (usually banana slices and berries) ready to go at all times in the freezer. In the morning I just dump the frozen fruit into the cup and add some protein powder and ground flaxseed and I am good to go.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily Paleo, but quick, easy, and portable. Just some ideas...

Egg custard (made ahead) with fruit in individual cups.

Sushi (bought the night before). I like sashimi with a little ginger and wasabi, wrapped in nori...no rice. 5 or 6 is a meal.

Hot dogs with mustard, etc. Nuke 'em and go.

Dr. McDougall's instant meals - http://shop.rightfoods.com/

Amy's Organic Bowls...many to choose from.

A combination of good quality organic protein and greens bars - Rise, ProBars, Amazing Grass, Larabar, Epic, Greens+, etc. - to meet your macros.

Breakfast sausage, egg, salsa muffins, made ahead. Just Google "paleo breakfast muffin".

• Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a protein shake over espresso shots. But I also eat egg white oatmeal, deli meat and cheese, or a greek yogurt.
  • bethinela
    bethinela Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am also not an egg person. Does anyone have healthy muffin or breakfast bar/ cookie recipes?
  • Ariliz23
    Ariliz23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do a cup of blueberries with 1/2 cup of soy milk (eaten like cereal) and an ounce of nuts. Or I have a piece of whole grain bread with peanut butter and just fruit jelly. Other ideas - an apple with peanut butter, a cutie orange with nuts. When I want a treat (granted - very little nutrition), I have graham crackers and soy coffee. And if I'm starving, I'll have left-overs which is usually soup or stew.