recipes that will make me feel full

Options
sara1629
sara1629 Posts: 6 Member
Any recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner that will make me feel full. Under 300 calories. I been eating a total of 1300 calories a day. At first I started losing weight and it kinda slow down recently like I don't gain or loose weight. I know i need to wotkout i just need motivation. Any tips?

Replies

• kwil74
    kwil74 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to increase calories a little for a bit..Im no expert but when I cut down to much my steady weight loss seems to slow down..protien, legumes, green leafy stuff..My typical breakfast is 2 eggs fried in a non stick with spray 2 center cut bacon 4 strawberries 1 piece of oat but toast 320 cal..Im not full but Im not starving and can make it until lunch..Lunch is a protien and salad grilled chicken ect..280 calories after noon snack yogurt or fruit or popcorn usually 100 cal dinner I eat more usually a meat and beans pinto or butter beans or veggies..most times around 400 caloires..Also google coconut oil adding fat has helped me alot..Focus on high fiber veggies and legumes, lean protiens, green leafy veg, high fiber fruit, high protien yogurts..Limit breads, potatoes, corn ect..And after awhile you get use to not having that full feeling and get use to eating to live just enough that your content..But make sure you are getting enough calories and a variety of foods..best of luck
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Dinner
    Great Value Sugar Snap Pea Fry - Sugar Snap Peas Stir-fry 77 g 3/4 Cup, 385 g (3/4 cup) 5 servings 125 calories

Big Easy Foods - Wild Caught Gulf Shrimp - Uncooked and Peeled, 6 oz 1.5 servings 180 calories

Usda - Honey, 5 g 15 calories

Heinz - Tomato Ketchup No Salt Added (14 oz Bottle), 1 Tbsp (17g) 20 calories

Bragg - Liquid Aminos, 5 mL (1/2 tsp) 0 calories

Add Food Quick Tools 340 calories

add ginger andred pepper flakes to taste.

This is my dinner tonight slightly over 300 and makes a huge bowl!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    You don't have to work out to lose weight, not that I want to kill your motivation. Making sure that what you say your eating you actually are by using a food scale (or at the very very least measuring). I have a PB andwich in the mornings, 3 pieces of 70cal bread, 1.5tblspn peanut butter, and a little bit of jelly sometimes.
    Lunch I tend to start and end still feeling hungry because I think Ineed some carbs with it, but it's 4oz of chicken thighs in sauce (usually BBQ), 3 servings of veg (usually 2 cauliflower, then 1/2 servings of two other veg - corn, carrots, peas, green beans)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Fiber helps me most. Protein would be a close second.
  • Hensonator1084
    Hensonator1084 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt mixed with granola and whatever fruit you like
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    fats and proteins make me feel full longer...eggs, bacon, sausage, coconut oil, butter, olive oil, avocado, tuna salad, chicken salad etc, greek yogurt and add chia seeds or fruit
  • sara1629
    Options
    Yeah I have a food scale. I went lower on calories to 1200 calories, and I lost 1 pound yesterday. But if it slows down again should I increase or decrease my calories? Im new to this.
  • lely560
    lely560 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You don't want to reduce your calories too much. I'm doing 1600 calories a day but I cut out all sugar and processed food. You have to remember to eat protein or else your body will start breaking down muscle instead of sugar I think and thats bad. (I could have some of that wrong but you do need protein) Drink lots of water and have baby carrots to much on in between meals. I have water bottle every where half started so every time I go into a room, I take a drink of water. If you give in and have a sugary treat, remember that your body will actually want more once you give in to that first bite. I don't really have recipes to recommend because I am barely getting the hang of this. You have to find what works best with you. Just thing of something you regularly eat and look for small modifications or what else you could substitute in for and ingredient. Start small then work your way up with basic ingredients. Remember that you didn't gain the weight over night so you cant lose it overnight. Weigh yourself first thing in the morning wearing the same stuff, and go the the bathroom first. I lost 5 lbs in 8 days so that shows my diet was pretty bad and I didn't realize it. With every meal, drink water, no juice or soda. Drink water in between meals all day!! Thats all I can think of.
  • sara1629
    Options
    Thanks lely560
  • Ariliz23
    Ariliz23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The things that fill me up the most: Breakfast - 1/4 cup of granola with a cup of blueberries and soy milk. Lunch - weirdly enough, summer rolls (rice paper wrapped around boiled shrimp, veggies and rice noodles) with peanut sauce. Dinner - pea soup made very thick (like a dip) with baked pita chips and veggies.
  • Ariliz23
    Ariliz23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    As to recipes - weight watchers has some good cookbooks.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Your weight will also fluctuate according to bowel movements, water weight, hormones (don't get me started about periods and the changing), etc. It is recommended to weigh yourself at the same time (preferably morning), after restroom use, before you've eaten/drank. Just so you are the most accurate when comparing. Some people weigh every day, some once a week, etc.

Up to you, just remember it WILL fluctuate, go with the 'trend'. If you are trending down, even if you are having days where it bumps back up, no worries.

Hell, I used to stay the same weight for roughly a month, then 'woosh' down 5lbs at once and stay there for another month... To another 'woosh'. Always corresponded with my time of month. xD

As for recipes...

I love egg beaters, and I love shirataki noodles. I put that *kitten* in everything. xD

Shirataki noodles + pad thai + some chopped veg + hot sauce (sriracha is god) + salt/pepper as needed... And egg beaters. /cough

Delicious, extremely low cal stir fried noodles. Yum! My veg of choice was a lil yellow onion, shallots, green onion, some bell pepper (red worked best), mushroom.. Maybe zucchini. Not much is needed of any of the veg, so there'd definitely be leftovers. You could add more packets of shirataki noodles to have some pre-made portions of stir fry for another day! Good for adding extra proteins to, especially firm tofu or chicken. Still very low cal.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If you have stopped losing and it has been 3-4 weeks then you might need to adjust your calorie goal but you also might need to just improve the accuracy of your logging. Use a digital food scale, make sure the entries you log from the database are correct. Eat about half of your exercise calories instead of all
    Protein, fats and fiber cause satisfaction for most people so look for dishes that have those elements.
    Lower calorie recipes would use less oil/butter, lower fat or less dairy, leaner meats, more vegetables, beans, lentils.
    Eat food you like already just make adjustments to portion size or use lower calorie ingredients.

http://www.skinnytaste.com has some good recipes.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipes/14987/healthy-recipes/low-calorie/300-calorie-main-dishes/

I eat between 1200-1600 calories. I find it easier to eat a smaller breakfast, medium lunch and larger dinner rather than trying to eat 300 calories at every single meal. You might split up your calories so at least 1 meal is a bit larger.

• mlbish624
    mlbish624 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    whole wheat english muffin (100 cals) + 12g chocolate pb2 (45 cals) is my go-to breakfast. Honestly, sometimes it makes me too full!

And for lunch, I often have this:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/235295/curried-butternut-squash-soup/

It's so good, and super light on calories. Skip the sour cream, you don't need it.

• sara1629
    Options
    Thanks its really helpful. I been drinking lots of water in between meals and meals and it actually helps.

For breakfast Im eating 2 slices of the 40 calorie wheat bread = 80 calories, 1tbsp of Nutella spread is 100 calories= 200 calories and top it with banana slices. I use half a banana for both slices of bread. The calories on the banana depend on the size.

Cereal, with almond milk which is like 40 calories per cup. the calories on cereal depend on which cereal you buy.

Small flour tortilla 100 calories, with egg whites and half of Frank's Hot dog wiener which is 55 calories and avocado.

Hope its helpful for someone.