Hi im starting keto

Options
I am a mom of 2 and i have a bunch of weight to lose. Nothing has worked before but i stumbled upon the keto diet and it sounds amazing. So just looking for others who r doing it too especially just starting out.

Replies

• chicanita91
    chicanita91 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I just started last month!!
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm three days in. Not for weight loss, though that would be a nice side effect. I'm trying it as an alternative epilepsy treatment, and what I have learned is that cream is DELICIOUS.
  • sierra112005
    sierra112005 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a low carb diet <20. 140g fat and 100g protein. Not sure if that's the same as the Keto diet. I started on the 28th and last night I had a small amount of ketones in my urine. I'm also doing cardio and weights 3-4 days a week for 50min.
  • buglesalmoncatgirl
    buglesalmoncatgirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I tried it before. I didn't lose weight but found that I also wasn't gaining weight despite how much cheese, cream, almond butter I ate. Then again, I wasn't counting calories.
  • marapalumbo
    marapalumbo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for a couple months, so far I've lost about 10 pounds.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I did keto for years at one point, and lost significant weight doing it. I've also lost significant weight by not doing keto.

Ultimately calories in vs calories out will dictate your fat loss success. Keto can tend to be more satiating than a conventional diet, and also "dries you out" leading to a faster initial weight drop that can be mentally motivating. Otherwise keto isn't a make or break diet. Even the original Atkins diet recommends re-introducing carbs.

So my opinion is that a balanced diet of all macronutrients is still optimal, but ultimately the diet you actually stick to long term is the "best" diet.
  • amanda_rus_gofit
    amanda_rus_gofit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm going on two weeks of keto. I have lost about 10 lbs so far. I had to cut sugar and most starches bc of a medication I'm on. Doc said I could have whole grains but I don't really care for them so I just cut them too. I'm trying to stay under 20 net carbs a day.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I've been keto 4 years. Strongly suggest joining http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group thousands of helpful and supportive people and a wealth of information.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

i've been going about a month now. i'm out of the "flu" stage and really like it so far. now i want to bring in some weight lifting and exercise, so i'm sure i'll have to adjust some things while trying to keep net carbs around 20g.