Darn you Aunt Flow!!!!!

Options
CranstonJ2016
CranstonJ2016 Posts: 142 Member
edited March 2017 in Food and Nutrition
So...still within my allotted calories, but aunt flow is kicking my A S S!

So I had my regular breakfast thinking "ya on track!"

Gained 4lbs in water weight OVERNIGHT! "Darn you aunt flow.

So I got to work and ate 26 chocolate covered pretzels, cause my aunt made me!

Punched it in and saw what I had left for cals and decided half a delissio pizza is what my crampy aunt needed :wink:

So please no judgement lol may not be the healthiest day but I'm within my calories!!

Replies

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Im with you :# im trying to drink water to avoid the bag of chocolate i would much rather devour
  • CranstonJ2016
    Options
    Your a stronger person than I :sweat_smile:
  • CranstonJ2016
    Options
    So I feel like crap today. I was sick for 11 days and lost some weight and with aunt flow, and hydration from being sick I feel like I've gained everything I've lost back.

Kinda feel like I'm having a really hard time getting back on track. I go to the gym/run 7 days a week...so I'm not inactive. And I havn't really gone over my cals...but i still just feel blah.

Well all I can do is get back on track. Keep on track with counting, maybe add more cardio, drink loads of water and next month when my aunt comes to town to remember how I feel today and do differently next time!
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Aw hate when the evil aunt brings havoc with her. It's bad enough without the extras!
  • CranstonJ2016
    Options
    Vex3521 wrote: »
    Aw hate when the evil aunt brings havoc with her. It's bad enough without the extras!

I know right?!?!?! :weary:
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm right there with you. I started back on my weight loss journey again this Monday and then aunt Flo decides to visit that night. Worst week ever to start but I'm chugging along.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    If you were within your calories then it's just food. No need to demonise it, as long as that's not every day and you otherwise have a wide and varied diet then some chocolate isn't going to kill you.

As for water weight, if you want to be successful long term you're going to have to get used to that. It's not fat gain, it's just a scale spike and the scale is often a pretty poor metric of progress.