Best way to increase carbs and reduce fat in meals

Options
Hi all,
I'm generally good when it comes to keeping my calories under my limit but what I'm struggling with is that my fat % is too high in comparison to low % in carbs. Any good suggestions, like easy meals or snacks recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Bogdan

Replies

• kimkimcoleman
    kimkimcoleman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Fruit, vegetables, beans, grains.
  • BogdanB84
    BogdanB84 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it, if you're generally happy and satisfied. The "stock" macros MFP supplies aren't required.

If anything, take a peek at your fiber and tweak your diet to hit that goal.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Don't struggle with that. If it's easy to stick to your calories eating a higher % fat, it means... that you have a good plan to keep your calories in check. Don't fix something that isn't broken.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Fruit, vegetables, beans, grains.

I second this.
  • BogdanB84
    Options
    Thank you all! Yeah I'm quite happy with my current diet but at the same time there is always room for improvement. All of you gave me some extra stuff to consider. I really appreciate it :smiley:
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with fat - it will help you feel satisfied and ultimately could lead to you finding it easier to stay within your calorie goal.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Based on everything I have heard lately, that sounds like a good thing. Excess carbs apparently contribute more to heart disease than excess (dietary) fat. I wouldn't change a thing.
  • kylecpatterson
    kylecpatterson Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    sbrandt37 wrote: »
    Based on everything I have heard lately, that sounds like a good thing. Excess carbs apparently contribute more to heart disease than excess (dietary) fat. I wouldn't change a thing.

This but make sure they are the right fats, being saturated and monounsaturated. Not processed polyunsaturated.
  • BogdanB84
    Options
    That's very interesting. But here comes the next question: What meals are rich in saturated and monosaturated fat?

This community is amazing :smile:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    sbrandt37 wrote: »

This but make sure they are the right fats, being saturated and monounsaturated. Not processed polyunsaturated.
    Don't worry about this. Just avoid trans fats. Eat food made from real food ingredients, and you avoid trans fats.