anyone on here that doesnt eat pork?

Options
alittle random but for religious reasons i dont eat pork. its a sorta recent thing and i havent broken at all but i struggle. i use to eat it but now i dont. so its a change. its not like i was raised that way. i was wondering if anyone else on here felt the same way. i eat chicken and turkey and beef if its cooked the right way but no pork. help?

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I don't eat pork, beef, chicken or turkey. Your in good company. I mean what do you really want to eat that is pork?
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I don't have any religious reasons for not eating it...I just don't really like the taste of pork. It tastes "dirty" to me. WITH the exception of bacon of course...but even bacon I don't eat but a few times a year.
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    hi! ive been keeping kosher for a little over a year now and its like the best thing ive ever done for myself!

it was really hard at first but now ive even got my family switching over to turkey alternatives. really theres no reason to eat our piggy friends when there are so many turkey and chicken alternatives!

what pork products are you missing the most?
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    I don't eat pork either.
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    Not for religious reasons but no i don't A) because it really isn't good for you and B) it can make me sick sometimes!
  • strapple
    Options
    I don't have any religious reasons for not eating it...I just don't really like the taste of pork. It tastes "dirty" to me. WITH the exception of bacon of course...but even bacon I don't eat but a few times a year.
    not only do i keep kosher but this! pork just tastes so gross to me now.

also i have ibs and it really irritates my stomach

ALSO

pigs are smarter than dogs

so yeah ;{
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I haven't completely cut out pork but it's definitely not my meat of choice. The taste and texture of most pork is just really really unappealing.
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    I eat chicken, turkey, red meat etc. about 4 times a year at most I'll eat pork, it's a very rare occasion when i want sausage, bacon, pork chops/loin, and ribs. No religious reasons just feel like i can taste the "fat" in it and i get nauseous just tasting it most of the time. I've been this way since i was like 7...rest of my family is perfectly fine and loves it.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I don't refuse to eat pork if it's served to me, but I don't seek it out to eat. No ham, no bacon, no pork roast, etc. Ham is too salty, bacon and pork roast too greasy. Pulled pork isn't bad, but it's not my favorite either. Pork chops? Meh. Are you having a hard time giving it up, or just wondering if you're alone in not eating it?

I have foods that I don't eat for religious reasons too, but pork is not among them.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Naturally I think pork is disgusting. Is there a benefit to this? I never eat it. If there is a good health reason for finding pork unfit for eating I'm glad I'm not eating it! I also avoid cow milk as it is just gnarly to me. And most yogurt is blehhh. Sorry... just interesting this post came up.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    don't dig on pork either... or rabbit, or duck...and barely beef.
  • strapple
    Options
    don't dig on pork either... or rabbit, or duck...and barely beef.
    i miss rabbit ;{
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    Nope...no pork (pigs are very smart animals), red meat, or poultry...occasionally eat fish, but only if I feel like my body needs it....I do miss bacon though, but will never eat it again :flowerforyou:
  • strapple
    Options
    Nope...no pork (pigs are very smart animals), red meat, or poultry...occasionally eat fish, but only if I feel like my body needs it....I do miss bacon though, but will never eat it again :flowerforyou:
    i love you! im not big on animal rights but i cry when i think of what those incredibly smart animals have to go through :{
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    All through high school and the first year of college I didn't eat beef or pork. I gave up that because I really saw no reason for it and my original reasons were kinda dumb. I still don't like pork at all. The only think I'd eat it in is pepperoni or sausage, and even then I prefer the turkey version.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i stopped eating pork when i was about 16 took a little getting used to but after 17 years its not a big deal
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    I don't eat pork and haven't for a few years.
  • zianiH
    zianiH Posts: 68
    Options
    I don't eat pork bcoz of religious also
  • msartishia
    msartishia Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I dont eat it either. However, I stopped in 1997 to lose weight. I actually cut out beef and pork for a long time. I occassionally eat beef but not pork. I can get turkey bacon, turkey chops and turkey burgers so I am A okay.
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I don't eat pork either. :) I actually really don't like the taste of meat and only have it occasionally. You can get plenty of protein from eggs, fish, and beans anyway!