1300 calories and sports and no weight loss in 4 weeks

Options
Hi, I am used to not eating too much and my nutrition is quite healthy. Every second or third day I run 10k and at least twice a week I do different exercises in my basement. Anyways, I stay at my weight. Can my body be so used to not eating much and my workout that I really have to starve to lose?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Height? Current weight? Age? Goal weight?
  • comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Is your total food intake really 1300 calories, or is that after you're removing estimated exercise calories?

And how meticulously are you recording these calories, how long a time period are w talking about, etc?
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    SonjaBruns wrote: »
    Hi, I am used to not eating too much and my nutrition is quite healthy. Every second or third day I run 10k and at least twice a week I do different exercises in my basement. Anyways, I stay at my weight. Can my body be so used to not eating much and my workout that I really have to starve to lose?

If you're used to not eating much, how come you need to lose weight? How much are you trying to lose? If you're just trying to shed a few vanity pounds, it's going to take a while to see that on the scale.

Do you weigh all your food on a scale? I couldn't imagine being that active on 1300 calories without feeling like I'm going to drop. I'm active as well, 5'3" and 111 pounds. I need 2000 calories minimum per day.
  • SonjaBruns
    SonjaBruns Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, thx for all these answers. I am with 1300 plus the extra stuff I can eat with exercising. I dontveat more, if i dont work out. When exercising, i usually have aboubd 300 cal "left" a day. But i usually never eat over 1700, so also not too bad. I don't weigh my food anymore, I became very good at estimating it since I weighed it for 6 months and amount or type of food did not change much.
    I'm just trying to drop 5 or 6 pounds. Did that 3 years ago too. But back then I was starving, which means that I just ate that what I needed to survive healthily. Constantly on the edge of too low sugar and workout was hard. Don't want to feel weak by not eating enough. So even my 1300 are kind of healthy and a bit of everything...
  • SonjaBruns
    Options
    The reason for trying to lose weight is that I gained 4 pounds over the last two years. Not much. But a little bit and want to get rid of it. Moving from Europe to Virginia, back to Europe and back here was challenging for my diet :)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Height? Current weight? Age? Goal weight?

^^This. Not much people can help with without this.
  • LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? I eat 1250-1400 net as well. However, I can't lose weight if i don't weigh my food because it is very VERY easy to underestimate how much you're eating if you're using volumetric measurements (cups, tablespoons) for solid foods or eyeballing vs using weight measurements (grams, ounces). At this low of a caloric intake, underestimating by 250 calories puts you almost 20% over your goal!
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Are you logging what you are eating? I don't see a food diary here.
  • SonjaBruns
    Options
    Thank you all. My height: 5 ft 7, 127 lbs. Want to get down again to 122. I did not log my food for about 18 months before. But I still counted what I was eating. I have weighed it for a looooong time when I first started using a counter on 2013. Now I just weigh it, if I have really no idea, like when I buy a whole fish or new kind of bread. ..
  • SonjaBruns
    Options
    Problem is, I buy my 140g steak at the butcher, my iceberg salad is always the same and I don't do dressings. I might every gram of liver pate on my bread, which is also easy bc it's exactly a third of a mini pack. And of my apple is 85 or 100 cal.... well, I probably make my mistakes with the greens and fruits. But that should not be too much of a deal. It's just one or two pieces of fruit a day. If I am not eating somewhere else, my diet is kind of boring. Not too much variety.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    are you sure that the 140g steak you get from your butcher is that?
    1-2 pieces of fruit can add up - 1 banana can be 85-200cal depending on the size of it
  • deeanah
    deeanah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    120 is at the low end of a healthy BmI for your height. I would argue your body is probably happy at 127, since that's a healthy weight already.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    If you're 5'7" tall, and 1300 calories is not helping you lose weight then you're definitely under estimating something. Probably to the tune of up to 500 calories under-estimated or more. Do 1-2 days where you log absolutely everything that passes your lips and weigh it all to the gram and you'll find it. If you don't you may want to consult a doctor.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    SonjaBruns wrote: »
    Thank you all. My height: 5 ft 7, 127 lbs. Want to get down again to 122. I did not log my food for about 18 months before. But I still counted what I was eating. I have weighed it for a looooong time when I first started using a counter on 2013. Now I just weigh it, if I have really no idea, like when I buy a whole fish or new kind of bread. ..

Sheesh. I am 5'7" - and I think 122 is a pretty outrageous goal. Clearly that is why you are having such a hard time. Why do you want to be at a weight that is obviously going to be very difficult to maintain??
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You already relatively light for your height and want to lose 5 pounds. Your logging is going to have to be perfect. Pull that food scale back out.

Also, are you eating back ALL of your exercise calories?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    maybe focus on body recomp than weight loss
  • SonjaBruns
    Options
    I used to have the 122. That's the reason why I like to have them back. Until I was 35, I never ever had more. We're running a marathon every second year, then I hate having too much to carry with me, which also means unnecessary pounds. No, I am not eating all my extra sport calories. But some of them. When I run for 600 Cal, I sometimes eat 300 more. Which makes 300 less than I could. Or is THAT my mistake?
    Cool thing about my job is, I cannot eat whole working. So it's really Easy not to snack. I even log one piece of chocolate :) .thank you all that you are so much trying to help you
  • SonjaBruns
    Options
    Funniest thing ever: Last week, I've been on vacation for 10 days. Island hopping with different (not always healthy , but not way too much )food that I got and a little bit too much wine. I tried to move as much as possible, but no real workout pissible with that much of program we had. But also a lot of lying in the sun. Anyways, I was scared that I gained some pounds.. scale this morning was nice and friendly. I LOST weight! And this cannot be water that I missed drinking yesterday. I lost 4 lbs! Why? More carbs, more alcohol and less moving. Less stress? I'm confused!