Sandwiches are bad for you.

Options
DanniB423
DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
Making a sandwich with meat, thin cheese, yellow mustard, light mayo, onion and pickle USING a food scale. Random observer: "Uh oh. Are we off track today?" Whoops. I forgot my chicken, brown rice and asparagus IV at home! :( (PS I like chicken and rice but I didn't realize beyond them I was off track.)

Replies

• DanniB423
    Options
    nothing puts rude people off so much as a gracious reply :)

I just smiled. :smiley: lol
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I love sandwiches! When my kids go to college I plan to have sandwiches for dinner every night!
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yeah people have a lot of misconceptions about what constitutes healthy food. Sounds like you handled it like a champ :)
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    There's nothing about sandwiches that make them inherently unhealthy or fattening anyway.

Don't you pay fools any mind.
  • DanniB423
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    There's nothing about sandwiches that make them inherently unhealthy or fattening anyway.

Don't you pay fools any mind.

Oh I agree 100%. These little instances just speak to me about other people's mindsets on weight loss. And I hate to assume but the "all or nothing" mentality in my opinion is a huge reason why so many find weight loss so impossible. I am glad I finally realized the same years ago. (Thanks MFP!)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    'cuz bread is the devil...

People are morons...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    Making a sandwich with meat, thin cheese, yellow mustard, light mayo, onion and pickle USING a food scale. Random observer: "Uh oh. Are we off track today?" Whoops. I forgot my chicken, brown rice and asparagus IV at home! :( (PS I like chicken and rice but I didn't realize beyond them I was off track.)

I hope your response was

:laugh:
  • butcher206
    butcher206 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I had a friend make a similar comment to me once. But to be fair, I was making one of these. :#

nlyyj69huh3a.jpg

LOL
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I had a friend make a similar comment to me once. But to be fair, I was making one of these. :#

nlyyj69huh3a.jpg

I fail to see the problem.

Other than it's not a Reuben or PB & banana.
  • giorgioc722
    giorgioc722 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Lost all my weight while eatings a sandwhich for lunch every day. I weight everything and the kcal is where I want it to be for lunch so yay?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Lost all my weight while eatings a sandwhich for lunch every day. I weight everything and the kcal is where I want it to be for lunch so yay?

Just read the title and not the actual post, eh?
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh... this reminds me of the Real Men of Genius commercials that used to run.

Mr. Giant Taco Salad inventor (edited)

"Today we salute you Mr. Giant Taco Salad Inventor. A culinary invention that baffles the human mind, a twelve thousand calorie salad. Ground beef, refried beans, guacamole, cheese, sour cream and, if there is any room left, a few shreds of lettuce. (I don't see no mayonnaise) Some may ask, is your Taco Salad Healthy? Of course it is, it's a salad isn't it?"

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

nlyyj69huh3a.jpg

Sandwich-2.gif
  • giorgioc722
    giorgioc722 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Just read the title and not the actual post, eh?

Ah, but I did :blush:
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I love egg and cheese sandwiches. Out of 44 (straight) days of tracking, I know at least half started with an over easy egg, a slice of cheese, and an english muffin (I need to find something not so dry...). Is it still a sandwich if it is on an english muffin? I used to eat them on bread but my kids use up all of the bread.