2017 Adopt a Noob Discussion

Options

Replies

• ribbod
    ribbod Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Please adopt me.... I am 43 years old... I have recently taken myself off all medications that were prescribed to me for ADHD. During my 4 years on the medications, I lost 30-40 pounds... After I got off, all that weight came back, but so did the color of my skin and my ability to feel...
    Despite the joy i feel on the inside, I would like to get my body back... Ive never been able to lose weight without the help of some magic pill, prescribed or otherwise, but have had success with lower carb diets, in the past.

I have come to the decision, that to lose weight, it is simple math of calories in vs. calories out... I have been exercising, but now have plantar fasciitis, so have taken a break...

I would like someone to help answer questions for me and keep me on track.
    I am using my scale as much as possible and holding myself accountable by logging everything- even if it ruins my day.

Thanks!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!

@JstTheWayIam @AverageJoeFit Thank you for being willing to help others in our community! I have added your names to the OP list of potential members.

Noobs looking to be adopted, PLEASE REACH OUT to people posted in the OP

• mghaffar89
    mghaffar89 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Is anyone still adopting??? I need a mentor :(
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm open to help if you want to PM me @mghaffar89 and @ribbod and @mgbb0611
  • Zivvada
    Zivvada Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I am 1 month new and would love to have a mentor. :)
  • Zivvada
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I would be so greatful if someone were able to be my guardian and keep me on track and help accountable. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! (Thank you in advance!!! ;) I am a 48 year old women 5'2" at 180lbs (lost 5) I have type 2 diabetes,and seversl other medications. My children are both grown and way out of the house.I am going on two cruises, April and May so I started this program and have stayed true to it for 33 days now, with only a 5lbs loss I have been advised that I need to take days off for my body to rest. I am very confused about what is right and /or wrong. I wish someone could be of some help.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,226 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    :heart:
  • GhostGirlE
    GhostGirlE Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My name is Allie. Long time mfp user. Would love to help anyone, I am on here multiple times daily. I am currently down almost 40 pounds since my start! Anyone feel free to add me, and thank you for coming up with such a wonderful opportunity (to the "poster". :)
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    GhostGirlE wrote: »
    My name is Allie. Long time mfp user. Would love to help anyone, I am on here multiple times daily. I am currently down almost 40 pounds since my start! Anyone feel free to add me, and thank you for coming up with such a wonderful opportunity (to the "poster". :)

Hi Allie! Thanks for signing up to be a mentor. I will add your username to OP in just a moment. People looking to be adopted should reach out to you but we also get lots of noobs who just post here so you might want to read through recent posts and reach out to a noob or two you'd like to work with.

Congrats on all your success.
  • samuelgina91
    samuelgina91 Posts: 158 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi I started myfitnesspal last year, along with exercising regularly at the gym and gained so much weight, mostly from muscle lost 4% body fat, and went upto 187 lbs but stopped the gym and focused more on food and dropped down 16 lbs and I want to lose about 35 lbs more, I am 161 cm so this is realistic to my BMI. I gained all this weight when yo-yoing on and off steroids during college and usually I bounced back fairly quickly but the last few times I just kept putting on and keeping the weight and the new found hunger/appetite. I like exercising at home, preferably lightly and in the evenings otherwise if I push so hard I get so hungry throughout the day I binge like crazy, when I do a little exercise and focus mostly on a smaller portions I lose weight. So that works for me, if you would like to mentor me I would be interested in the exchange and feel free to call me out on my ***** anytime.But I like chatting with people and cooking so feel free to adopt me if you are a mentor that is interested.
  • scottsgirl4lyfe2004
    Options
    Id like to be adopted. My name is Becky i just turned 33 i have 4 kids a 12 year old boy, a 11 uear old girl and a 9 and 6 year old girl ive been married going on 15 years this year. Ive been overweight my whole life except for 1 year age 13-14 i am currentelly 258 i started jan 20 at either 267 or 272 want to reach 150lbs i am doing a 1,200 calorie
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would really like a mentor! :) I have been trying to lose weight for many years now. I ended up losing about 40 lbs but have put it all back on within the past year. I think I have the exercise part down pat (maybe) as I am getting back to working out 2 times a day, 5:30 am workout burns about 300 ish calories on the treadmill & afternoon/late morning (during my lunch break) burns about 4-500 calories doing 15 min on the elliptical and incorporating 15-20 min upper body weights (M&TH) & abs (TU&F), Wednesdays right now I am taking a self defense class at lunch, however I am struggling with the meals, calories etc. So if anyone is up for the challenge of helping me lose about 80 or more lbs to reach a healthy goal weight I would greatly appreciate it.
  • suckafreejones
    suckafreejones Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • Zivvada
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. I hope you are all having a great day. Would someone be willing to take a look at my diary and maybe give me some insight into what I am doing wrong. I just can't seem to lose any weight and it has to be my foods. I believe I am doing the right exercises so I don't think it is that. If ANYONE has the time and would like to help mr with this I would really appreciate it. PLEASE ADOPT ME! :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    @klglace your diary is closed.
    Losing weight is all about how much you are eating, never about 'exercising right'. If we eat more than we burn we won't lose.
  • enfermera1239
    enfermera1239 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon
  • Zivvada
    Options
    I have my diary set to public.
  • stephannie6699
    stephannie6699 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    im a noob!
  • rajeshvvcool
    rajeshvvcool Posts: 168 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi folks!! Would love to provide advice and clear up general misconceptions in fitness. Would not be able to commit to full time mentoring though. Would expect people in the age group of 25 - 35 cos my advice would be primarily around weight training.

I have been overweight previously. I have a separate post of my story which is below :-

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10511781/fat-to-fit-6-packs-just-2-inspire/p1
  • mjbere003
    mjbere003 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP-fam,

I am fairly new to the app and was looking to get adopted :smiley:

About Me:
    32 yrs old
    Female
    SW: 195lbs
    CW: 185lbs
    GW: 130-140lbs

My biggest struggle is food, not sure what to eat and how much to eat. Exercising is not really an issue for me, but I don't really like cardio too much. Most of my body fat is in the upper body area, it would be cool if someone would help me out.

Thank you so much and good luck to everyone on their journey.

Josephine
This discussion has been closed.