Breakfast ideas- no eggs!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want to put in your facehole because food is food it doesn't care about time! Leftovers are perfectly a-ok for breakfast
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of "non" breakfast food in the am.. If I can sleep in until 10 or so I'm all for it haha
  • robw235
    robw235 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Rolled oats, almond milk, blueberries, cinnamon and chia seeds. Quick, healthy and loaded with protein and fiber.
  • emmagrace0818
    Options
    100g of almond milk, 35g of oats, 50g of frozen fruit and 15g of protein powder. Mix it all up and bung it in the microwave for 2 minutes for some seriously tasty porridge (oatmeal)

That sounds amazing, thank you!
  • sallielozo
    sallielozo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt mixed with sugar free pudding mix and fruit. My current fave is the lemon flavor with strawberries and blueberries.
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I like nonfat or lowfat cottage cheese. Good with vegetables - try some tomato.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I like to heat up crock pot chicken in some broth, and add some avocado and spices. Even a few steamed veggies in the mix is nice and comforting.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    100g of almond milk, 35g of oats, 50g of frozen fruit and 15g of protein powder. Mix it all up and bung it in the microwave for 2 minutes for some seriously tasty porridge (oatmeal)

I often eat something similar but I find the protein powder kind of "curdles" so I stopped using it. Does this happen to you?
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Bean Burrito?
    grilled cheese sandwich?
    Fruit and/or veggie smoothie with protein powder

ooohhh ... those are all high carb. Sorry. Guess you need to eat a turkey rollups or sausages or some such.
  • NachoProblem23
    NachoProblem23 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    LisaTcan wrote: »

I often eat something similar but I find the protein powder kind of "curdles" so I stopped using it. Does this happen to you?

I combine the milk and the oats then add in the protein powder and stir it pretty vigorously. If I don't do it that way it curdles for me too :) it also helps to cook for 1 minute then stir and then cook for another minute

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Boars head ovengold turkey slices (low sodium) with sliced mozzarella and a tbs of spicy hummus with a salted caramel protein shake
  • emmagrace0818
    Options
    sallielozo wrote: »
    Greek yogurt mixed with sugar free pudding mix and fruit. My current fave is the lemon flavor with strawberries and blueberries.

That sounds delicious! Thank you!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    It depends on how low you want to go. If you want a very low carb breakfast and don't want eggs, your other choices are meats, hard cheeses, and nuts (or nut butters). Even Greek yogurt has a few carbs.

Note that I don't favor going that low, and I have tried it!
  • Ronnvee
    Ronnvee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    These coconut and seed cookies are great when you feel like milk and cookies for breakfast.
    Makes 18 .
    200 g, Unsweetened Desiccated Coconut
    125 g, Ground Almonds
    35 g, Seeds, sesame seeds
    2 tbsp, Spices, poppy seed
    2 Tbsp, Chia Seed
    0.25 Pumpkin Seeds
    6 tbsp(s), Butter - Unsalted
    6 tbsp(s), Honey
    0.50 tsp, baking soda
    1 tsp(s), Vanilla Extract
    Melt butter and honey together and add to other ingredients. Mix together then form into 18 balls. Place on baking tray and flatten slightly. They are a bit bit crumbly and sticky at this stage so you may have to squish them together a bit. Wetting your hands helps to stop the mixture sticking too much. Bake at 160 degrees celsius for about 10 minutes..they're ready when the edges are nice and brown, but be careful as the honey means they'll burn quickly.

Per cookie they have 234 cal, 20gm fat, 5gm protein, 7gm sugar, and 9gm carbs.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    LisaTcan wrote: »

I found that whey protein powder curdles when it's heated. I like to put a bit in my coffee, so I dissolve it first in a bit of luke warm tap water and then stir it in my coffee. That seems to work.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Low carb + no eggs = Bacon, FTW.