What are some foods in your reduced calorie diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• breannemarie1993
    breannemarie1993 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Strawberries and banana homemade smoothies are my favourite and when I'm craving something sweet I have a spoon of peanut butter :)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    I don't really do any "diet" foods. I eat all the foods I always ate as long as they fit my calorie goal. I do sometimes get low fat greek yogurts, but I buy yogurts for the flavor. Some I get are low fat and some are regular.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Same foods I always ate and loved, in portions within my calorie limit.

Pretty much this^

I changed my bread out - Low(er) calorie, not the lowest. Sturdy enough for chunky sandwiches. I hated having to hold the 35 calorie bread slices together while eating tuna salad.

I was always a skim milk drinker.....went up to 1% (not a huge change). More bang for my calorie buck.

Eddy slow churn ice cream - lower fat......still has great flavors.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I try to eat the same things but in reduced portions.. but certain things make great subs to save extra calories.

Rudi's spelt grain english muffins if you can find them - they're a little pricey but are about half the calories of normal and taste better IMO.
  • buglesalmoncatgirl
    buglesalmoncatgirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great stuff! Thank you all.
  • NalaBellyFIT
    NalaBellyFIT Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Joseph's flaxseed lavash bread. 60 calories/6g of protein per serving, plus it's so soft and yummy. I use it to make wraps, as a base for a veggie "pizza," and even cut in strips and baked to dip in hummus. It's the one thing I never leave the grocery store without.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Well, for people posting, doesn't have to be a 'diet' food. For example, I outright love shirataki noodles for the textures in stir fry... xD I'm not trying to lose weight anymore.

And the giant list o' fruit isn't exactly 'diet' foods. Just deliciousness. Juicy, sweet deliciousness.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    For quick low cal meal I've been sautéing cabbage with turkey sausage.

Chia seed pudding. It's weird, but I'm trying to use up a bag of chia seeds.

I also like rotisserie chicken for easy, quick meal prep. I debone a chicken and portion it into containers with steamed rice and a vegetable.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Bacon
    Eggs
    Butter
    Cream
    Cheese
    Avocados
    Steak
    Chicken
    Cream cheese
    Olive oil
    Mayonnaise
    Pate
    Peanut butter
    Pork belly
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, low cal. gouda, greek yoghurt 0% fat, mushrooms, broccoli, smoked salmon.
  • MCTay23
    MCTay23 Posts: 20 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hows that Halo Top ice cream taste?

Does it have an articicial sugar aftertaste? If so, :s
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    mikemelick wrote: »
    Look for Extreme Wellness brand whole grain tortillas. Only 50 cal in a large tortilla and they taste fine. Also 4 oz of salmon is only 80 cal. Top it with 1/2 of a fresh avocado and you won't be hungry for a long time. Chicken breasts of course are fine too. Oatmeal, quinao etc. are fine but watch the portion sizes. I have an apple and water for a snack.

Not to burst your bubble, but 100g of salmon is over 200 calories per USDA info, and 4 oz is 113 grams. Salmon is a great, nutritious fish, but definitely not a low-calorie one. :)

Editing to add:
    jy7fh760xtxu.jpg
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly regular foods in smaller portions. I used to buy low-fat and fat-free everything, but found that it really affected my satiation (I need some fat to feel full apparently!) and I was hungry quite fast after a meal. I do buy lean meats like skinless chicken breast and extra lean ground beef for a lot of my meals, and I use low-fat milk and yogurt just because I like it. :)
  • AFGP11
    AFGP11 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I just eat smaller portions of what I like.
  • buglesalmoncatgirl
    buglesalmoncatgirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    MCTay23 wrote: »
    Hows that Halo Top ice cream taste?

Does it have an articicial sugar aftertaste? If so, :s

It tastes absolutely delicious. As for artificial tastes... they use organic stevia to sweeten their product. I highly recommend giving it a shot. Here is a link to their page:

https://www.halotop.com/
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Lots of veg, some fruit, whole grains, legumes and lentils, eggs and some dairy, lots of fish and some chicken, beef on occasion, quality fats, pizza on Friday night, beer on the weekends.
  • metalmeow1
    metalmeow1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Same foods I always ate and loved, in portions within my calorie limit.

Several years ago I lost weight by strictly eating right. If it wasn't healthy, I didn't eat it. I gained it all back because I'm a super taster and love food. This time I'm losing weight with portion control and it's amazing. I had Chinese food last month and still lost 2lbs that week! Yep, this time it's sustainable :)