Need a silver lining to my petty things

Options
Hello everyone, Well here's where I"m lacking motivation. I left my okay job in Oct 08, to finish school, I graduated in this month. But now that I'm certified and licensed there are no job opening in my area. I've been hitting the gym everyday since my internship ended 2.5 weeks ago. Haven't lost any real weight or inches yet. I know I'm not going to reach my goal weight in two weeks, but it feels kind of like "whats the point?" I feel guilty for having a school debt and no job, my hubby is a bit stressed which make me want to bake cookies and eat all of them. Every time I get a rejection letter from a job site, I want to eat a cookie.
:indifferent:

Replies

• Dytari
    Dytari Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, Well here's where I"m lacking motivation. I left my okay job in Oct 08, to finish school, I graduated in this month. But now that I'm certified and licensed there are no job opening in my area. I've been hitting the gym everyday since my internship ended 2.5 weeks ago. Haven't lost any real weight or inches yet. I know I'm not going to reach my goal weight in two weeks, but it feels kind of like "whats the point?" I feel guilty for having a school debt and no job, my hubby is a bit stressed which make me want to bake cookies and eat all of them. Every time I get a rejection letter from a job site, I want to eat a cookie.
    :indifferent:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    You actually get a letter?:ohwell: Wow. I haven't had a job in two years come March. Usually I just hear nothing.

Some really big successful companies in my areas have just announced HUGE layoffs this week, so the chance of my finding a job gets lower. I'm not married and have no family that I can rely on for help. I hit my goal weight (lost 47 lbs) last March, but I have gained back 10 lbs and I'm now working on saying "Bye bye bye" to those.

What kind of cookies are we having? :devil:
  • osmium
    osmium Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the silver lining is that you are being given a wonderful opportunity to concentrate on you! Once you have a job and perhaps later on kids it will be that much harder to put yourself first. This is a chance to give a healthy you a head start. That's a pretty great silver lining :smile:

Good luck on the job hunting - something will turn up!
  • Dytari
    Dytari Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!