This is gonna sound silly

I know this sounds silly, but ever since I started losing weight, my morning breath absolutely stinks. Am I the only one who is experiencing this? Thanks ☺

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Are you doing keto or low carb? I hear it can make your breath pretty foul. I love my carbs so I haven't experienced this.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Are you doing keto or low carb? I hear it can make your breath pretty foul. I love my carbs so I haven't experienced this.

This. Nothing to solve this except for good oral hygiene or changing your macros to include a higher proportion of carbohydrates.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    There also tend to be hormones and toxins stored in our fat cells so when we reduce we release some of those also. This is one of the reasons to drink lots of water.
  • brznhabits
    brznhabits Posts: 126 Member
    Actually I've read that as we lose we expel mostly through our lungs so this makes total sense.

Supposedly, lungs are the primary excretory organ for weight loss.

fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2015/01/09/fat-burning.aspx
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    OP gave up all carbs for Lent, remember?
  • kiiibbb112253
    kiiibbb112253 Posts: 67 Member
    mitch16 wrote: »

Yeah ☺ might have something to do with it!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    keto breath...

guy at my office did keto for awhile...I couldn't stand talking to him up close.
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    keto breath...

guy at my office did keto for awhile...I couldn't stand talking to him up close.

Hmmmmm.... this might explain one guy here at work. In meetings, everyone sits on the opposite side of the table.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,745 Member
    brznhabits wrote: »
    Actually I've read that as we lose we expel mostly through our lungs so this makes total sense.

Yes, but what we are expelling is carbon dioxide, which is completely odourless.
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    There also tend to be hormones and toxins stored in our fat cells so when we reduce we release some of those also. This is one of the reasons to drink lots of water.

I'm not convinced this is true.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,049 Member

That'll do it. One of the reasons I don't low carb is that my husband won't kiss me. That and I like potatoes.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    My kid was on keto for several years to help control his epilepsy. We could always tell when his ketones were good from his breath. So, possibly.
  • kiiibbb112253
    kiiibbb112253 Posts: 67 Member

That'll do it. One of the reasons I don't low carb is that my husband won't kiss me. That and I like potatoes.

Lol that was funny! I learn that if I must drink a full glass of water first thing in the morning (which I should do anyway) I will be fine. ☺
  • brznhabits
    brznhabits Posts: 126 Member
    edited March 2017
    brznhabits wrote: »

Yes, but what we are expelling is carbon dioxide, which is completely odourless.

True, I actually came back to edit after I remembered. Ya beat me to it. Thanks.