Tips for beginner/overweight joggers

Options
2»

Replies

• jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    You have all inspired me . I need to check out c25k now. I tried jogging several years ago, ended up with a stress fracture in my left shin and on crutches for 6 weeks. Just decided then that fat girls should not jog. So excited to see what this entails. Thanks

Just take it slow and wear the right footwear. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day!
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Some great advice from everyone! Thanks! I checked out the C25K and it seems doable. Still looking up some apps on my phone to help with this (I have a Droid). I'll give an update in the coming week or so to let y'all know how I'm doing with it! Thanks again...
  • Gretchen22276
    Options
    Bump!!!!!
  • Jillong
    Jillong Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Brilliant post Geoff. Thank you
  • Wallaby2
    Wallaby2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • MsFat2Fit
    Options
    I love C25K!!! I have done 5K and 10K races at my heaviest weight of 210 pounds - next 10K will be in two weeks!!!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    started @ 400+ lbs. everyones got it covered. C25K is a great program. don't worry about pace just work on endurance. as I build up my endurance I added in speed afterwards. I still am slow but I can go alot further now w/o walk breaks than I could in the past.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    filter out all the "OMG C25K" answers, and you'll find some good advice.

for the record, i have nothing against the program, it's just not the only answer here.