Love to Swim?

Options
The most frequent exercise I do is swimming- I go about 3 times a week and swim at least 45 minutes to an hour each time! Does anyone else like to swim as their exercise?

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i swim as part of triathlon training - but it is by far the event of the three that I am the most consistent in when it comes to working out
  • Erswim10
    Erswim10 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    i swim as part of triathlon training - but it is by far the event of the three that I am the most consistent in when it comes to working out

That is great! I would like to get into triathlons but running is my weakness, the one aspect of the triathlon that I just cannot feel motivated to train for.
  • nickiphillips1
    nickiphillips1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I swim with a masters swim team 4-5 times a week. I love it.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Erinswim92 wrote: »

That is great! I would like to get into triathlons but running is my weakness, the one aspect of the triathlon that I just cannot feel motivated to train for.

my run leg is by far my weakest - I do a solid run/walk through all my races
  • Erswim10
    Options
    I swim with a masters swim team 4-5 times a week. I love it.
    I also swim with a masters team (only twice a week due to my schedule). I feel that I am the most motivated when I have the coach to hold me accountable for the workouts I am doing.
  • Erswim10
    Options

Erinswim92 wrote: »

my run leg is by far my weakest - I do a solid run/walk through all my races

Definitely a good idea! I will have to try that out when it gets nicer outside, looking forward to the warmer temperatures.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I swim 4-5 times a week for 60+ minutes a time. Usually do 2.5km each time.
  • Erswim10
    Options
    I swim 4-5 times a week for 60+ minutes a time. Usually do 2.5km each time.
    That's awesome! I am trying to find more time (or a closer pool) so I can go more often. Usually my goal is to do at least a mile and a half.

• atactic
    atactic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I swim 2-3 times a week with a Masters Swimming group
    https://www.mastersswimmingcanada.ca
  • Erswim10
    Options
    atactic wrote: »
    I swim 2-3 times a week with a Masters Swimming group
    https://www.mastersswimmingcanada.ca

What are your typical workouts like in your group? Mine are mostly Freestyle (which is good for the yardage I am trying to get to), however I do like days where we venture into IMs or other strokes.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Triathlete here too- sometimes I love it and sometimes it makes me want to never see a pool again :)
  • Erswim10
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    Triathlete here too- sometimes I love it and sometimes it makes me want to never see a pool again :)
    After a hard workout or a long distance non-stop swim I feel the same way (not wanting to see a pool again)!
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I swim as part of triathlon training as well. Love getting in the pool and doing lap after lap after lap.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I use to go 1-2 times a week for 1-2 hours. Due to cold weather I haven't been but hope to restart in few weeks time or so.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I swim laps on my own 2-3x week for about 40 min. Love it!
  • Erswim10
    Options
    bshedwick wrote: »
    I swim as part of triathlon training as well. Love getting in the pool and doing lap after lap after lap.

It is definitely a great work out! After about a 500 I get in the zone and then forget to count my laps!
  • Erswim10
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I swim laps on my own 2-3x week for about 40 min. Love it!

That's great! It is definitely the most interesting type of exercise for me!
  • Erswim10
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    I use to go 1-2 times a week for 1-2 hours. Due to cold weather I haven't been but hope to restart in few weeks time or so.

Sometimes I find it hard to get motivated to go swimming during the winter (because of the walk from the pool to my car once I have swum)! I hope you are able to get back into it soon!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm a former competitive swimmer and instruction and I miss it so much!!!!! The best pool option I have doesn't have hours that work well for me.
  • amylynnewagner
    amylynnewagner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes I love swimming! I'm taking a swim class with my school two times a week and then I also go 2-3 times a week on top of that. It just calms my mind. :)