How often do you weigh?

RoseBudd85
RoseBudd85 Posts: 49
edited September 30 in Health and Weight Loss
How often do you weigh yourself weekly? Daily, weekly? I want to know where I am but not become fixated on a number and loose sight of my goal of healthy living.

Replies

• alsrlsjls
    alsrlsjls Posts: 2
    I do weekly I just started.
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Everyday I weigh myself (I'm addicted to the scale) but I only log my weight once a week. Monday mornings.
  • Once a week. Friday, to be exact...before breakfast and right after I go to the bathroom.
  • nicbic123
    nicbic123 Posts: 75 Member
    my bad, i do it daily....often more than once so i know about the fixated thing only too well!!!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Every single day.

I've been doing daily weigh ins for awhile and I really think it has helped me learn a lot about my body. I've learned what is my "normal range" - so I no longer freak out at 1 or 2lbs gained. It has helped me realize that I need 80-100oz of water a day or I tend to gain weight. I also know what foods make me retain water, etc. I personally think it is an excellent tool in learning to really understand your body. BUT. I do know too many people freak out over the scale and don't learn much but how to have a meltdown when it doesn't tell them what they want to see.
  • rure13
    rure13 Posts: 86
    I used to do it everyday but then I would get frustrated, now I weigh in every Friday
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    I weigh myself everyday but on log it once a week on Weds.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Usually every day. I wake up, stumble into the bathroom to use the facilities and then when I'm stumbling into the pantry/laundry room to get my daughters their requisite bowl of Cheerios I grab the scale out of the pedestal drawer under the washer (my bathroom is carpeted so the scale is not kept there). On days when I've not tracked my food and I know I went overboard (like this last Sunday) I can tell a difference. It's been helping me to stay on track when I reeeeally don't want to because I don't want to see the scale jump up again.
  • laaxle
    laaxle Posts: 1 Member
    Every single day.

I've been doing daily weigh ins for awhile and I really think it has helped me learn a lot about my body. I've learned what is my "normal range" - so I no longer freak out at 1 or 2lbs gained. It has helped me realize that I need 80-100oz of water a day or I tend to gain weight. I also know what foods make me retain water, etc. I personally think it is an excellent tool in learning to really understand your body. BUT. I do know too many people freak out over the scale and don't learn much but how to have a meltdown when it doesn't tell them what they want to see.

I think it is great that you can do that and learn your body. I just started this past Sunday and I am staying away from the scale until Sunday. I don't want to be disappointed. Just taking it one day at a time. Hopefully once I start losing I will be able to do the same as you.
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Unofficially? Daily.

Officially? Thursday Mornings.
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Official weigh-in on Fridays but sometimes I peak during the week :)
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,543 Member
    Before and after a workout when I'm up for over 24 hours at a time.

And then on Sunday is my official weigh in.

I'm on track to lose 2.5lbs a week and I want to check my status during the week.
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Normally once a week, but some weeks I weigh every other day.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Once a week. Friday, to be exact...before breakfast and right after I go to the bathroom.

I'm weekly, on a Monday with the same ritual. Occasionally have a peek inbetween ......
  • I used to do it everyday, but it makes me obsessed and upset if I gain even a pound (even if it's water weight!) so now I weigh in once a week. It's awesome getting a surprise every week when I lose a pound or two!
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    I did weigh myself every morning i actually found it helped and helped keep me on track then I stopped for a while and let my eating go, but now I think i will go back to weighing myself once a week, which is a good indicator
  • well I have been told that I need to throw my scale away, because I am obsessed about weighing myself. I weight like 10 or more times a day.... But only take the official at a TOPS meeting I go to, which their scale is a pound or so lighter than mine. So OFFICIAL I take my weight from the meeting, which is on Tuesdays right now.
  • JoeB71
    JoeB71 Posts: 115 Member
    Every Sunday.
  • When I am counting my calories and trying very hard to lose I weigh every day, I accept the fluctuations, it really seems to help me stay on track.
  • RoseBudd85
    RoseBudd85 Posts: 49
    I really appreciate all the input! I think I will log it once a week and maybe weigh every other day or so. :)
This discussion has been closed.